Sunday, September 18, 2022

Dally Day Two: Farmers Market Food & Fun

Erin ever so lovingly kicked Jon out of the house during my stay (I did not in any way request this! LOL) so I got to sleep in their bed like a true slumber party for two nights in a row! I was hoping one of the keeties would have snuggled up with me but all I got was Leia walking on my back in the middle of the night. Before we got ready and started our day I helped Erin give Peach her meds. We used the burrito method as seen below in which I held her wrapped in a blanket while Erin shoved some pills in her mouth. She had been sick right before I arrived and the vet had recommended this course of treatment for a month. I was so impressed with how good she did in her little burrito. My cats would have flailed about so much I would've ended up looking like Tyrion Lannister

Erin took me out for breakfast at Cracked and Crepe. It was a cute little place and our server was phenomenal. She was so lovely and also went the extra mile to really jazz up the crepe we ordered to share. Look at the difference below! You can just tell which one she put her heart into and which one the kitchen just through out to be served. 

IMG_8047 IMG_8052 IMG_8049 IMG_8058 IMG_8055 IMG_0076

Erin suggested we go to the Dallas Farmer's Market. I was game even if it was hotter then hell out. As luck would have it we passed by the Taylor mural again! We had driven ny it the night before but didn't have time to stop. But I gave her the cutest little puppy dog stare and she pulled into the empty parking lot and took my photo with my girl. This simple little thing gave me so much joy and honestly would've been happy if that's all we did the whole day. 

The Dallas Farmer's Market was just around the corner. It is outside but thankfully covered by a huge Pavilion so at least the sun wasn't beating us up. But don't you worry, I had my sunscreen on regardless. We found so many cute things from jewelry to shirts to slushies. We also went into some shops across the street for mostly air conditioning purposes but they, too, had a lot of cute things especially the home store. 

IMG_8063

IMG_8070 IMG_8077 IMG_8078 IMG_8079 IMG_8080 IMG_8081

We came back to Erin's and took a nap. I LOVE that she and I are always on the same page with resting. I don't know how to tell you this but some people never nap. THE HORROR. But not my boo and I. We are always napping and it was so cute we got to take a nap together while I was in town. It's the little things! 

Once we were refreshed we went out to dinner. Originally we had planned to meet up with Jon, Meagan, and Megan's friend but the only reservation available was for like 7:30 or 8 pm and I'm sorry but that's just too late for us grannies. Ha! So instead she took me to Gloria's Latin Cuisine which was AH-MAZING. The food was incredible and once again so was our server! He was next level sweet and totally on the ball.

We then went to Target because what is a boo-reunion without a trip to the old Tarjay. Erin's sandal was squeaking the entire time we walked around and I couldn't stop laughing at her. Sorry boo! We got home and watched a home-reno show on Netflix while eating brownies before calling it a night. 

IMG_8089

IMG_8094 IMG_8098 IMG_8099 IMG_8103

IMG_8101

My flight was pretty early which meant we had to wake up VERY early. That's outskirt living! So early that this was the beautiful shot I got before the sun came up. I got to the airport and all was again went smoothly. We were told they were adding more fuel because of possible bad weather around Orlando but thankfully never saw nor felt any such weather.  I flew home with a big chunk of the Bethune Cookman band. I had picked my seat (aisle) and the two next to me were empty so I told all of the people walking by both were available. One of the band members took my offer and sat next to the window. I looked up what they were doing in Texas and found this video!

IMG_8113

I hinted at Erin's tattoo bruise in my Day One post and I just wanted to point out how insane it ended up getting before it finally disappeared. I asked her to send me a new picture every day because I was intrigued by it. I have never EVER seen a tattoo bruise so this was just fascinating to me to witness. 

IMG_8165

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.