Monday, May 14, 2012

Twig & Berries

FRIDAY: I came home, had a costume change, stopped at Subway for Katie, and headed on up to Deland for Aubrie's dance recital. It was at the Museum of Florida Art which turned out to be pretty neat. Actually, that whole little downtown stretch of Deland is pretty neat. I had never been over on that side of Deland before and got a little lost. I blame it on my iPhone. I finally made it and had to wait for Katie out in the lobby by the restrooms like a creeper. She was still in the 6PM show. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I don't really know what I was expecting but certainly not that many people. We met up with some of her other friends and took our seats. I had my iPhone, camera, and flip at the ready. The recital was more than just 4 year olds. Every age group had their own routine. But when Aubrie came out we all squealed a bit especially Kierce. She kept screaming Aubrie's name. It was hilarious AND I got it all on video! It was such a neat experience and I'm just so proud of her.



Aubrie's Recital from Ashley on Vimeo.



SATURDAY: We met my mom for breakfast for an early Mother's Day but we just ended up fighting most of the time. That's just how it goes and I have become used to it. It's the norm with us. It's all I've ever known so I just roll with it. It wasn't all bad. There were moments where I think we all were enjoying ourselves, so that's something.

After breakfast, Dustin and I went to go check out some knobs! For my desk, obviously! I plan on painting my desk Memorial Day weekend and I wanted new hardware to really spruce it up. I've had this thing since I was 10 or something and I like the simplicity of it but it needs a good overhaul. Dustin picked out a checkered one for the top long drawer and I got glass knobs for the side drawers. We both liked the mix match look. I'm still undecided on the paint color but I'm leaning toward deep purple. Although, I think canary yellow, charcoal gray, burnt orange, or seafoamish teal would be awesome too. Ugh decisions.

We also stopped by Best Buy so I could get an external hard drive. I needed it to transfer my 4,000+ music library from my old iTunes to my new one. I also just need one to keep everything backed up on. 

Dustin's on a smoothie kick lately so before heading home we stopped by Planet Smoothie for a 'Twig & Berries' (my personal fave). 

Untitled
 

SUNDAY: We did a whole lot of nothing. This is what 99% of every Sunday of ours is like. We did watch Red Riding Hood on HBO. It was pretty good. We both thought the music didn't fit the movie though. AND of course Dustin was right about who the wolf ended up being. He can spot those things from a mile away. It's kind of annoying. 

But now the weekend is a thing of the past and I'm already focused on this upcoming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.