Sunday, April 19, 2015

What I Wore #19

I could have sworn I posted this photo on my blog but I can't seem to find any proof. So here it is, almost exactly a month later. That is in fact my wedding dress. I bought this sucker for $80 back in 2009 at Anthropologie. I remember Dustin sat outside the store on his phone while I looked around. I found two dresses I loved but this one won out. I bought it and was on our way. No bridesmaids. No fuss. Just a girl and her dress. It's been balled up in a storage container ever since our wedding. I'm not exaggerating. I haven't hung it up at all. Why waste the closet/hanger space? 

When Dustin and I  agreed to go out for dinner on our actual anniversary I immediately thought...but what will I wear? That's when this dress popped into my head. I love how light, airy, and un-fancy it is. It's pretty but in an understated way. It's me. Also, how many brides can say they've been able to wear their dress more than once? Probably not very many. I also love the symbolism of me putting on the same exact thing I was wearing on that day five years prior. I mean, there's just something cool about that. I added the green sweater because A. it was St. Patrick's Day and B. it was a little chilly. And my wedges just completed the whole ensemble. I don't know when I'll wear it again. Maybe for our 15th anniversary. All I know is it's the best $80 I've ever spent. 

Untitled

Cardigan: Target
Dress: Anthropologie
Wedges: ModCloth
Clutch: Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.