Dustin and I finally got to meet Rachelle and Matt's new little bundle of sweetness last weekend. We didn't want to bombard them right away since I know they have been getting so many visitors recently. So we waited a month before driving up to hang out for the day.
Of course we picked the coldest damn day this winter. It was straight up in the low 30s the whole day. I stayed in all of my winter gear because I just couldn't get warm. I should have just had Matt swaddle me (ok that just sounds weird but you get the joke right?!) because he showed us his expert level skills in that area. He also demonstrated how they use their baby wrap thingy. I'm sure it has an actual name but since I'm childfree I don't really pay attention to those kind of details. Dustin told him he looked like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (which is clearly a compliment) It was so fun to see Matt and Rachelle so excited about their new life as parents. They are just so genuinely made for raising a kid that it makes me so incredibly happy to see them finally here. They would just trade her off like they had been doing this for years. Matt would change her. Rachelle would feed her. Matt would swaddle. Rachelle would change her clothes. I was seriously impressed.
I gave Rachelle some early birthday goodies and of course we couldn't come over without something for Addilyn. I found the cutest little baby leggings. But my favorite baby gift of all time is the plush face hugger from the movie Alien. Yeah you read that right. I bought Dustin 3 months worth of LootCrate (it's basically the nerd version of Birchbox) for Christmas and this month was alien themed. The face hugger is not only cute as hell but so damn soft. It's kind of the perfect baby toy. Dustin and I want it to be her favorite stuffed animal that she brings with her to sleepovers and freaks the other little girls out. Ha!
It finally came time for me to hold Addilyn for the first time. She had just been changed and fed so all signs pointed to a happy baby. And for the most part she was. She was very indecisive about whether or not she wanted her pacifier or not. She'd spit it out and then look at me like "Um hello, give that back to me!". So I did. And she'd spit it out. And this was our little game for 10 minutes. Then she started to squirm and get fussy so Matt took over.
Rachelle had posted on Facebook the first week they were home with Addilyn that the biggest help to them would be food. I would have made had Dustin make them something if we still lived close by. Since we don't I told her to let me know when they were in the mood for a pizza and I'd order it from here. They never took us up on the offer so we insisted on getting them a lunch of their choice during our visit. Rachelle mentioned she wanted a burger so we thought hard about where we could find one. I forgot that Palm Coast doesn't have the endless choices like Orlando. We all agreed on this place in Flagler. Dustin and Matt went out in the freezing cold to pick up all of our orders while Rachelle, Addilyn, and I girl talked. She told me all about Addilyn's birth story. It's just so neat because everyone's is different but also kind of the same.
Addilyn is just the sweetest little baby. I loved her facial expressions. She's got the Taylor Swift surprised face down! Also, the way she scrunches her little eyebrows just makes me say "aww" for days.
While Rachelle was pumping, Matt took us on a tour of Addilyn's room. I love the color they chose for the wall. My little banner really looked so good against it. I just got all excited to see the things I had made with so much love being displayed in her room.
Dustin and I really enjoyed spending time with all THREE of them (and the dogs too, even if Brutus smelled horrid) and we can't wait to visit again soon. Congrats again guys.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.