Thursday, January 14, 2016

Currently

Proud: Of the fact that I got through blood work last Friday without any tears, passing out, and with minimal anxiety. I couldn't sleep the night before and I woke up with a stomach ache from nerves. But I was determined for this to go well. I was right to be nervous based on every past experience with bloodworm and the fact that the last time I had it done was one of my worst. Remember the blood jerk? I scheduled it for Friday so Dustin would be able to come with me. He was such a good sport about waking up at 6:30am on his day off. We got there on time and had to wait for a bit before being called back by none other than (YOU GUESSED IT) the blood jerk. My heart sank immediately thinking back to how awful last time was. I sat in the chair. The blood jerk took my left arm and started to swab it with alcohol. Dustin sat on a stool on my right side and held my hand. I breathed in and out and mouthed to Dustin "talk to me". I needed him to just fill my mind with something else. So he started talking about the Powerball. I remember laughing in between my deep breaths. I didn't once look at the blood jerk or my left arm. I focused on Dustin. Then all of a sudden the blood jerk told me to hold the cotton ball on my arm to stop the bleeding. I was so confused. I asked him "Wait, you're already done?". He had some smart ass comment but I just let it roll off. How was he done already? I was so shocked. I couldn't understand how it went so incredibly smooth. It's probably the new meds I'm on but I'd like to take some of that credit. Ha! I practically skipped out of the place. Dustin and I got in my car and I just looked at him and said "Is that what it's like for normal people to get their blood drawn?" and he just laughed and said "I'm so proud of you". I am proud of me. Fuck yeah 2016!

Watching:


Making A Murderer on Netflix like the rest of the US. I started to hear about this documentary around Christmas. Everyone on social media was talking about. Celebrities were talking about it. Then finally Katie gave Dustin and I the extra push we needed to watch. It's a 10 episiode documentary about Steven Avery and whether or not he was wrongfully convicted of a murder. People are not kidding. It is equal parts addicting and frustrating. It makes you lose all faith in our law enforcement and judicial system. It's honestly heartbreaking to think how many people have been wrongfully convicted of a crime they never committed. I don't know if Steven Avery did it but after finishing the documentary I am definitely more on the not guilt side of things.

I'm completely caught up on Scandal which feels kind of like an accomplishment but also is kind of sad because I used to really look forward to watching it. I guess I'll just have to find something else to keep my interest until it comes back in February.

Dustin and I also finished watching all 9 seasons of The Office in order for the second time. We got bored with new TV and decided months back to start The Office again. So we typically watched a couple episodes every night while we ate dinner. And then last weekend we watched the finale episode and I bawled just as I did when I watched it live. They really went out with a bang.

Looking forward to: I started 2016 with practically nothing on my calendar. I had tons of plans but nothing was made official. And now we're only a couple weeks into the year and I have all these events and exciting things to look forward to. Dustin and I have two shows in March, we're going to Portland/Seattle in April, and Erin is coming to stay with us at the end of May for Memorial Day weekend. I cannot wait for everything!

Listening to: Adele's new CD. I've always liked Adele but I've never bought a full CD of hers. I downloaded a hit here and there but that was it. 25 is great though. I have been listening to it so much recently even Dustin can sing some of the songs although I'm sure he'd never admit it. I've been watching her in more interviews and she's all around badass. Not only does she come across as totally genuine and fun but she cusses like a sailor which just adds to her greatness. Am I officially a full on Adele fan?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.