Monday, July 25, 2016

Currently

Healing from: The weirdest injury ever. So last Thursday I washed my hands in the bathroom at work and as I went to grab a paper towel and cut my knuckle. Yes, you read that right. I got injured trying to dry my damn hands off. The thing is the paper towel dispenser is old and the paper towels were all shoved up in there which made it hard to get out. So I had to use extra force to get anything out which made my hand slam down and smash into a sharp metal edge. The pain wasn't too bad at first. It was like a "dammit that hurt" kind of reaction. But then as I walked down the hall I looked down to my finger bruising before my eyes and blood dripping down my hand. I went to the first aid kit and grabbed a bandaid. I sat down in the first empty seat I could find because I was about to pass out. It wasn't the pain, it was the blood. I got back to my desk and asked my friend Amanda to get me some ice to put behind my neck because it helps so much when I feel like that. She was amazing and really came to my aid. I sat there at my desk and just tried to calm down. I ate protein bar and sipped some water and before I knew it I was feeling more like myself. I probably needed a stitch or two (yeah there was skin flapping - bleh!) but I didn't want to have to go to the walk-in clinic over something that I could just nurse myself. Instead I bandaged up my finger and although I could barely write or type the rest of the day, was totally found. BUT THEN, the following day I hit my finger while putting on my tennis shoes in the same bathroom. I was changing to go to the gym but when I hit my finger it started throbbing and I could see the blood coming through the bandaid. My first thought was "goddammit, not again." This time I changed the bandage and added pressure until I felt it was under control. I didn't feel sick though so that's progress. I totally skipped the gym and ended up coming home. My finger hurt the rest of the damn night. It's now Sunday and I am definitely in the clear. The pain is no longer an issue and the wound has finally started to close. PRAISE HANDS.

Watching:


Stranger Things - Well I guess I should say "already watched". Dustin and I finished that shit in two days. First of all the show is on Netflix and only 8 episodes long so it was really easy to get through. It's like a love letter to all of the great 80s movies especially those with sci-fi elements. This one show reminded me of Stand By Me, The X-Files, The Goonies, E.T., etc. It's just got nostalgia to the core. But it's also completely it's own story. If you haven't watched it yet, get to it!


Orange Is The New Black - I just finished the new season today while at the gym. I wasn't crazy about last season which is why I wasn't in any rush to watch the new episodes. This seasons didn't really do it for me either. The show as a whole just isn't keeping my interest like it once did. I didn't really enjoy this season until the last 3 episodes and even then I wasn't emotional. There were several super shitty and emotional storylines and I was sad but I didn't shed a single tear. For me, that's super weird. I am the type that cries over everything especially fictional characters. (That's not even a joke.) I'm not ready to stop watching but it isn't a show that is a priority anymore. The finale was pretty intense and I do want to see how things end up for everyone.


Peaky Blinders - Dustin and I were so pumped when the new season came out. This season was as the kids would say "turnt". I mean every season is pretty crazy but damn this one was a little extra crazy. I have got the biggest crush on Tommy Shelby (see in the photo above). His character mixed with the time period and gangster lifestyle is just hot as hell for whatever reason. Arthur Shelby is still insane in the best way. And then there's Dustin's favorite: Alfie. I also love seeing how much the Shelby family has progressed since the first season. So many changes! And that finale?!

Listening to: Not In Love by Crystal Castles. The music itself reminds me so much of the Stranger Things score (which I really want to buy but it's not available on iTunes). It's just very catchy, poppy, yet still mellow. 


Working on: Eating better through out the week. Thanks for the extra push from our bud Fiddy I am now one of these weirdos who is meal prepping on Sundays. I am going to try to stay on a "diet" through out the work week. I plan on being more lax on the weekends but I really want to cut out the uneccessary snacking, eating out, and sugar rushes. I have gained some weight and I'm working on losing that shit or at least turning it into muscle. I've been going to the gym regularly for months now. I've got a routine and I actually enjoy going (most days), but now I need to focus more on eating habits. Fiddy sent me an easy to follow meal prep guide and I'm going to try and follow it the best I can. It's basically 3 meals/day, 2 snacks/day, and a gallon of water. I'm starting today so wish me luck!


Photo: One, Two, Three

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.