Another year has come and gone. I know most of us are glad to see 2016 go. It was certainly a rough year for my hometown and for our country. There is no doubt about that. But there was also so much good. And as shitty as things are or may become we have to focus on the positives. We have to be the good.
Cheeto and Olive picked us to be their parents and I accepted my new cat lady status. The Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup. Miranda and Ben got engaged. Dustin and I visited the Pacific Northwest for the first time. My mom retired. I got to see Amy Schumer, Further Seems Forever, New Found Glory, Thrice, and Tegan and Sara live. I made a new friend. Erin got to visit for a weekend. I read 19 books, one of which brought me back to the wizarding world. I got a tattoo I've always wanted. I got my first undercut. There was a lot of good in my year. Thank you to all of you who were apart of it.
NYE was spent at home as they mostly have been in my adult years. I prefer it this way. I'm not opposed to a party but usually hanging in my PJs on the couch eating ice cream sounds more enticing. This year Pat came over and joined our stay-at-home shenanigans. We went down to the Wawa and got some snacks. I danced and sang around the store while Dustin and Pat's food were being made. Have you noticed that Wawa always has a dope ass playlist? I have never said or even typed "dope ass" in my life but that's how good their music is. DOPE. ASS. We came back home and the boys watched Star Wars while I worked on the video above. I'm an idiot and procrastinator and waited until the day of to put this thing together. I usually start it the beginning of December. I feel like install turned out pretty damn good. Dustin said it was the "best one yet" but I'm not sure if that was legit or just husband talk to get brownie points. Around 11pm Dustin put on the NYE shows that have just gotten more horrible as the years go on. There was a whole 90s line up on one station so we got to see Coolio, Snoop, and Nelly. And let us never forget the Mariah Carey performance. The three of us watched it live and cringed with the rest of the east coast.We popped sparkling white grape and cheered to the New Year. I actually managed to stay awake until 1 AM which is unheard of!
Here are my resolutions for 2017:
- Read. This is always my number one resolution. I'm setting my goal at 25 books again.
- Travel. Dustin and I are planning another trip (to where, is yet to be determined) this spring. Flights are so inexpensive right now that we just might choose solely on that. I plan on going to visit Mel in update NY late summer (and maybe swing by Hayley's in Massachusetts). And of course Dustin and I will be going to Pittsburgh at some point but probably in the fall.
- Passport. Speaking of travel Dustin and I are in the process of getting our passports. We don't have any concrete plans to go out of the country but we would really like to go to Iceland, UK, and Canada so maybe passport this year international travel next year.
- Tattoos. I'd like to continue to add to my "someday sleeve". I've got several tattoos lined up in my head and an artist or two picked out. It's just saving up the cash!
- Do. With Trump as President there is going to be a lot of causes that are going to require action. More than sharing a FB post. More than whining to my friends. It's going to require phone calls, donations, and action. So I'm going to make it my goal to DO when I am passionate about a cause.
- Furniture. I need a new desk. I need a new rug. I'm so damn picky with furniture though so it's not just a simple purchase. Also there is the whole saving up the cash thing again. But these are key things that I've been putting off for awhile so 2017 is the time.
There's so much to look forward to already.
TWO WEDDINGS. Antonia & Ed. Miranda & Ben. Yeah!
TWO CONCERTS. Andrew, Tim, & Faith. Holla!
EPCOT. Rachelle's dirty 30. WHAT. Up.
Paying off my car. AHH!
Honestly 2017 scares the shit out of me. I have never been more nervous for a year. But at least I know I have all of my awesome friends and family to help with the bumps in the road that will inevitably come. So let's do this shit.
Here's to another one!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.