Full disclosure: I wasn't super into Lana pre-concert but now I'm 100% on board.
I have always liked Lana. I downloaded 'Video Games' the minute I heard it all those years ago. I've been down with 'Summertime Sadness' and 'Young and Beautiful' but that's kind of where it stopped for me. Not for any reason other than I just haven't given most of her music a proper listen. But when Katie asked me to go with her to the concert I was all "totes!". She gave me a list of her favorite songs and I started to listen to them. So many good ones!
I was excited to go to the concert but I was more excited to spend the night with Katie. Do you ever have that thing where you're not totally into something but your BFF or husband or whomever is SO into it that you can't help but be sucked in too? Yeah, well that happened with me. Katie looked so damn pretty in her flower crown (I want one now!) and her 'Lana Del Bae' shirt that I was just so pumped for her.
She came over to my house after work and we headed downtown. The traffic was strangely non-existent and we got right off the Amway exit and parked without issue. We both thought it was going to be way warmer outside than it actually was. We had to walk several blocks without any kind of cardigan or jacket to get to Harry Buffalo. I know I know, rough lives we're living over here. We got seated and ordered our meal even though they kept screwing up Katie's order. The food itself was great and it was a cute atmosphere. It was my first time checking it out but I'll definitely be back especially since it's in such close proximity to Amway.
We arrived mid-opening act which was not great. I honestly don't even remember their name. Katie and I were all just "Where the hell is Lana?". She took the stage at 9:20pm which we all know is almost my bed time. It was quite the struggle to stay awake but I made it. Lana wore these sparkly boots that caught the light perfectly. It was the first thing we both noticed. She sang 20 something songs. It was definitely a more low key vibe which I'm not too used to. Usually the shows I've gone to are very high energy with dancing and screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs but this was just straight up chill which isn't necessarily a bad thing. So chill that people kept smoking the weed. I don't give a fuck what people smoke but to do it in a public place where no one can leave is just rude and selfish. You do you but can you do you at home please? Kthxbye. Speaking of rude people, there were two guys in our row that kept getting up which meant we would have to stop what we were doing (recording/talking/enjoying). There was a moment one of the guys tried to get my attention to get up to let him back in the row and all you hear on the video clip is me saying "Noooooo". You can't inconvenience me during Video Games. What is your deal dude?! Lana was so sweet and spent a good 5 minutes (maybe more) out n the crowd talking to and taking selfies with fans. Katie and I had a great time but WE OLD. WE TIRED. We just wanted to get into our beds by the end of the night.
I don't understand the purpose of OPD closing certain streets (maybe having to do with the kidnapping threat?) but in doing so they funneled us all into the bad part of town instead of letting us just get right on I-4. So we had to go the long way. I tried getting on I-4 down the road but the ramp was closed thanks to the never-ending construction and the detour took us in a giant circle. I was so annoyed. At that point I decided to bypass I-4 altogether. Fuck it.
I was excited to go to the concert but I was more excited to spend the night with Katie. Do you ever have that thing where you're not totally into something but your BFF or husband or whomever is SO into it that you can't help but be sucked in too? Yeah, well that happened with me. Katie looked so damn pretty in her flower crown (I want one now!) and her 'Lana Del Bae' shirt that I was just so pumped for her.
She came over to my house after work and we headed downtown. The traffic was strangely non-existent and we got right off the Amway exit and parked without issue. We both thought it was going to be way warmer outside than it actually was. We had to walk several blocks without any kind of cardigan or jacket to get to Harry Buffalo. I know I know, rough lives we're living over here. We got seated and ordered our meal even though they kept screwing up Katie's order. The food itself was great and it was a cute atmosphere. It was my first time checking it out but I'll definitely be back especially since it's in such close proximity to Amway.
We arrived mid-opening act which was not great. I honestly don't even remember their name. Katie and I were all just "Where the hell is Lana?". She took the stage at 9:20pm which we all know is almost my bed time. It was quite the struggle to stay awake but I made it. Lana wore these sparkly boots that caught the light perfectly. It was the first thing we both noticed. She sang 20 something songs. It was definitely a more low key vibe which I'm not too used to. Usually the shows I've gone to are very high energy with dancing and screaming the lyrics at the top of my lungs but this was just straight up chill which isn't necessarily a bad thing. So chill that people kept smoking the weed. I don't give a fuck what people smoke but to do it in a public place where no one can leave is just rude and selfish. You do you but can you do you at home please? Kthxbye. Speaking of rude people, there were two guys in our row that kept getting up which meant we would have to stop what we were doing (recording/talking/enjoying). There was a moment one of the guys tried to get my attention to get up to let him back in the row and all you hear on the video clip is me saying "Noooooo". You can't inconvenience me during Video Games. What is your deal dude?! Lana was so sweet and spent a good 5 minutes (maybe more) out n the crowd talking to and taking selfies with fans. Katie and I had a great time but WE OLD. WE TIRED. We just wanted to get into our beds by the end of the night.
I don't understand the purpose of OPD closing certain streets (maybe having to do with the kidnapping threat?) but in doing so they funneled us all into the bad part of town instead of letting us just get right on I-4. So we had to go the long way. I tried getting on I-4 down the road but the ramp was closed thanks to the never-ending construction and the detour took us in a giant circle. I was so annoyed. At that point I decided to bypass I-4 altogether. Fuck it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.