Monday, November 26, 2018

DAY FOUR: Where did all of the foliage go?

It was another cold one that involved windshield scraping which is an activity that Floridians aren't accustomed to. We drove back to Weirton to visit Dee one last time. On our way we stopped at Dustin's Pap's veteran banner. We had seen photos of it of course but it was nice to be able to see it in person. I know Dee would appreciate a photo of Dustin with it as well. Dustin was too cool for foliage on day one and wouldn't stop for photos so of course by the fourth day most of it had turned brown which annoyed me. I kept side eyeing him as if to say "I told you so". Then we saw one tree that was still bright but clearly on it's way out and that was the only shot I got. So let this be a lesson to us all; if you see foliage snap those photos right away. 

We spent time with Dee and while there she had us pick out several ceramics that she will ship down to us at a later date. Dustin even helped her with some screensaver issues. It was good seeing her. She's definitely my favorite in-law. 

We headed back to Robinson for our very mandatory Burgatory lunch with the Fiddy's. I kept going back and forth about what burger I wanted. I mean, I really wanted their limited Thanksgiving burger that included turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, gravy, and cranberry sauce all in one bite but I was worried I wouldn't finish it and it would go to waste. In the end I just said fuck it and ordered that monstrous Thanksgiving burger. It was just as good as I had hoped. Not only that but I finished the entire thing. It didn't exactly agree with my stomach later on but still no regrets. Dustin and I washed it all down with a Nutter Butter shake. It was thick and sweet and just the ticket. We went next door to the mall and watched the boys play hockey as if their Xbox NHL avatars had come alive. Dustin also trained Brady on the punching bag Rocky-style. Before we all knew it it was time to say goodbye. We headed to the airport and were both itching to be home with Cheeto and Olive. It's always that fourth day away that I get the itch to be in my own bed, on familiar streets, back into a routine. 

The Pittsburgh security proved to be bit of a frustration. It turned out that I had forgotten to take out my mini Swiss Army Knife from my purse. MCO missed it but PIT totally didn't and were assholes about it. It got confiscated and thrown away. I had had it since high school and always carried it with me everywhere. It was never for protection it was for the tweezers and the scissors and the nail file. It was just so damn practical but it was my own fault I didn't leave it at home. Dustin's already bought me a new one which I love. They also yelled at me for not putting my "tablet" aka Kindle in it's own bin. I've never been told to do that before. Ever. EYE-ROLL. I was more than ready to get the hell home at that point. 

They finally let us through and we still had a couple hours before our flight would depart. I spent the time napping as best as I could. I spent the flight trying to do the same. Thankfully it was another half empty flight so we had the row to ourselves. 

We had a great trip and hope to be back sometime next fall. There is buzz about an official bud meet-up which we'd be more than happy to be apart of. Till next time. 

IMG_0555 IMG_0556 IMG_0559 IMG_0560
IMG_0563 IMG_0570

IMG_0579

IMG_0581 IMG_0582 IMG_0584 IMG_0588

IMG_0599

IMG_0602 IMG_0609
IMG_0605

IMG_0606

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.