
Dustin and I left early since we had to stop by and check on Amberly (and give her a turkey feast of her own in cat food form) before heading to Gainesville. The ride up was made easier via listening to Armchair Expert's Sam Harris episode since Dustin really likes Sam and I'm just learning about him but I also enjoyed him.
There were all kinds of shenanigans the minute we walked in the door with our green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole. My mom immediately shoved an old magazine in my face to show me that yes, Toyota Corona's do exist. Or used to at least.
Some backstory for those not in the know...last time we all were at Flagler Beach my mom mentioned that she used to drive a Corona and we all died laughing because we thought she misspoke and instead of Corolla she said Corona. She swore up and down that was the name of it and we were all "Ok, boomer". And then over a year later she brought proof in the form of a magazine from the 60s. Fuck google when you have physical proof.
I missed the parade since we were driving up during the time it aired but we did get to watch the dog show as a big ol' happy family and ooh, ahh at the dogs. And if I'm being honest laugh our asses off at some of them too.
Hayley's friend Mitch joined us for all the craziness and fit right in by being introduced to the damn Corona and partook in jokes about shrunken heads (aka balls of alpaca fur hanging from trees) and The Godfather movies 1-6. We ate on the deck which was beautiful except it was VERY sunny and a bit warm. I am anti-sun in that I don't want to get burnt so I wore a napkin on half of my face with a hat Hayley grabbed for me from the front closet.
The meal was a real family affair with Hayley on pasta, Grey on potatoes (at 3 AM LOL), my aunt on turkey, and Dustin and I on the sides. We also brought Dustin's famous artichoke dip which was a huge hit. It was all so good!
We ended the day with presents since Hayley and Stephen aren't going to be here for Christmas and in turn neither will we. I'm still really proud of the Trump toilet bowl scrubber I got my aunt. I'm not sure I can outdo that one!
Thankful for you all always.
The meal was a real family affair with Hayley on pasta, Grey on potatoes (at 3 AM LOL), my aunt on turkey, and Dustin and I on the sides. We also brought Dustin's famous artichoke dip which was a huge hit. It was all so good!
We ended the day with presents since Hayley and Stephen aren't going to be here for Christmas and in turn neither will we. I'm still really proud of the Trump toilet bowl scrubber I got my aunt. I'm not sure I can outdo that one!
Thankful for you all always.





















Crazy family...indirectly mine LOL just hope y'all don't make fun of me when I get old!😅😅 Love ya!
ReplyDelete