Thursday, September 9, 2021

Bach That Ass Up

For the first time in 2 years I packed my suitcase and slept in a bed that wasn't mine. 

TWO YEARS. 

Funny enough the last trip I had was to visit my boo in Dallas in October of 2019. I had big ol' travel plans for 2020 but COVID put a halt to that. It was nice to be able to dip my toe back in the waters with her in more ways than one. 

Plan A: AirBNB in Siesta Key

Thanks red tide!

Plan B: Hilton Bonnet Creek 

I met up with the rest of the Bach Pack at the hotel Friday afternoon. They were busy decorating the room to be festive AF. Then we all opened our cute little gift bags that Meagan and Erin worked hard on. It was filled with candy, sunglasses, customized Starbucks tumbler, etc. Everyone got ready for our dinner out and looked cute as hell. But then we got to our first destination and The Polynesian was on a "hard lock" and we were told only guests were allowed on site. Ok, time to pivot. We ended up having dinner at a restaurant in the hotel. My chicken was the bomb dot com although it was a tad on the spicier side. We ended the night walking around the hotel with some dranks.

IMG_4200 IMG_4206 IMG_4205

IMG_4204

IMG_4201

IMG_0101

IMG_0038 IMG_4213 IMG_0120 IMG_0030
IMG_0108 IMG_0144

IMG_0094

IMG_0037

IMG_0131 IMG_0128

I woke up early per usual so took the extra time to pop my contacts in (one got lost in my eye for a minute but I was able to fish it out without having a panic attack - growth!) and braiding my hair. The other ladies started to wake up and before you know it I had braided the whole ding dang dong group. We looked so cute in our matching shirts and sunglasses! It brought back memories of when Erin and I would plan to wear matching clothes when we worked together many moons ago. We had the same shirts, shoes, and even underwear. We were really something else. Not much has changed except maybe the underwear part. 

We spent most of the day at the pool. I lathered myself in sunscreen multiple times, wore a hat, and even covered my entire body with a towel when the sun was being extra obnoxious. It all paid off because I left the weekend without even an inch of a sunburn. So don't tell me sunscreen doesn't work. Just picture me giving you some side eye right now. The pool and lazy river were so great. I brought my GoPro and goggles like the nerd that I am. But also I haven't been swimming in 2+ years so I wanted to really make the best of it. They even had a fun waterslide. We had to tell on a kid for cutting in front of us and four other children MULTIPLE times. If you know a blonde kid named Jackson please teach him to wait his turn because that was just rude.  As requested by the bride-to-be we ate PubSubs poolside and then by mid afternoon we were all ready for a nap. MY PEOPLE. 

IMG_4224 IMG_4229 IMG_0036 IMG_0033

IMG_0034

IMG_0032 IMG_0031
IMG_4244

IMG_4248

IMG_4257 IMG_4258

For night two we started at The Melting Pot which was incredibly confusing if you've never been. Also, it is a ton of work and quite frankly I'm not down with going out to cook my own dinner but we all sucked it up and made the best of it. I would never recommend that place but if you do go just get cheese and chocolates. Fuck the protein part and you'll be golden. We went to Disney Springs and Erin got serenaded by a cover of Dark Blue. We tried to go to an Irish pub but it closed right after we sat down. Megan and I were ready to head back to the hotel but Erin wanted the party to continue on so we went to Howl-at-the-Moon. It was pretty dead (other than the drunk bar crawl dudes across the room who asked us to draw on their white t-shirts. Erin drew some nipples and I wrote "I <3 Taylor Swift Motherfucker") by the time we got there so it was almost like having our own performance of Britney, Linkin Park, and far too much goddamn Billy Joel covers. It was 1:45 when they closed and this grandma was hours past her bedtime. 

IMG_0039 IMG_4260 IMG_4266 IMG_4269 IMG_4263

IMG_4289

IMG_4311

IMG_4315

IMG_4327

IMG_0124 IMG_0138

I was up at the pool early because I'm an early bird by nature but also I didn't drink so I wasn't hung over. AND I know Erin and Co. wanted to claim an even better lounge chair spot so I scouted the area out. The girls joined me a while later and we pooled it some more before I headed out. As much fun as I had I was also running on empty at that point. This old lady introvert loves socializing but when I'm done I AM DONE. I got home and took a 4 hour nap. My body ached for days - see my apple fitness stats below.

Thanks ladies for a great time and a big congratulations to my boo bride. So happy I got to see you and get to see again in a month for the big day! 

She a runner she a track star!

IMG_4352 IMG_4369 IMG_4365

IMG_4370

IMG_4348




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.