Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Recently

Went to: A Taylor Swift themed yoga class at Tribe Yoga. I've been to many yoga classes, but never to a themed class (I don't think goat yoga counts, right?). My friend Beth gave me the heads up like a month ago and I had it on my calendar but never actually signed up on their website. I was so thankful when I went to sign up for the class the night before, there was still room. I expect Taylor-themed anything to sell out because it does. The class was after work on a Friday which was totally my jam. What a way to end the work week and begin the weekend, ya know? I got there early OF COURSE and glad I did because that studio filled up quick. Beth and I screamed excitedly at one another and showed off our Taylor-esque shirts. We had no idea what to expect but were ready for it. Our instructor (and owner) told us that in her last Tayoga class the eras were 1989 and Lover so neither of those would be played this time. She had us all do a drum roll and we lost it when she said reputation (and Speak Now got a good cheer too!) but rep is that bitch. She told us that we were free to dance and sing and basically just do what felt right. I'm used to yoga classes being quiet and structured and this was the opposite. I mean, she worked our asses off with a real good flow practice but in between there was singing and dancing - there was even a moment she went around the room and locked arms with various people and skipped in circles. I wish I had a recording of all the amazing words and encouragement she gave throughout, which all had to do with bad reputations and speaking up for your self. At the end while we were all laying down in savasana her words made me so emotional I cried. The class was therapeutic as fuck. I left feeling like a new person. The power of Taylor...

and yoga 

and friends  

and sweet strangers. 

IMG_9755 IMG_9763 

I stopped at Chick-fil-a on my way home and the girl taking my order was distracted and nervously laughing when I rolled down my window. She immediately said "I'm not laughing at you! My co-worker is just going to check if that's my ex-boyfriend's car over there because it's spring break and he's back in town." I was immediately invested and I also needed to know if it was her exes car. She quickly gave a sigh of relief in getting the all-clear that it wasn't him. Phew! Now we could move on to my order. Ha!


Watched: 

Slow Horses (Apple+) - It's about the misfits of MI5. It's very British and I just love River Cartwright and of course Jackson Lamb's flatulence. There are 3 seasons but each one is only 6 episodes so Dustin and I flew right through the whole series. 



One Day (Netflix) - I liked the book. I hated the movie. But damn I loved the new limited series so much. It follows Dex and Em over a 20 year period on the same day each year. It's a lovely little will they/won't they kind of romance. I was inconsolable the last few episodes, even though I knew how it ended, because it was so good. 


Listened to: 

Easy by Like Roses thanks to Dustin's recommendation. It makes my forever angsty emo heart so full. 

Kacey Musgraves' new album Deeper Well. I loved the her first single of the same name, Deeper Well, and liked the second single enough, Too Good To Be True, so expectations were fairly high. I have listened to the entire album 3x through since it was released and so far I am pretty disappointed. I like Cardinal, Sway, Dinner with Friends, The Architect, and Anime Eyes. The music from the other half of the album feels very one-note, while her lyrics are lacking. Golden Hour is a perfect album and it's probably unfair that I compare everything she does since to it but also I know she can be SO GOOD. I hate to say that Deeper Well as a whole is not her best, especially when so many of my fellow Kacey-lovers disagree me. I'm not trying to yuck anyone's yum, just my opinion. Pitchfork rated it the lowest of her albums at 6.8 saying "her sharp songwriting has dulled a bit" and they praise Anime Eyes calling it "gorgeously weird as the best of Golden Hour..."; I agree with both. 


Took: An emotional intelligence class. My work offers all types of classes from Microsoft Office tricks to well, emotional intelligence. I feel so grateful resources like these are not just available but encouraged to attend.

We started the class by taking the self-assessment which entailed ranking each statement from a 0-10 and then we discussed which questions stood out or which answer of ours surprised us. It's really interesting exercise in self-awareness and self-growth. 

So we've all heard of the 5 Love Languages (Acts of Service here, what up!) but I learned in this class there are also 5 Apology Languages. My results are below and as you can see expressing regret is my number one followed closely by planned changed. I sent this quiz to my friends and posted it on my IG stories because I wanted to get the word out but more than anything I wanted to know my loved ones top apology language for future reference. Has someone ever apologized to you but you didn't feel like it was "good enough"? Pretty sure we all have felt that way before. I learned that if that person isn't touching at least on your top one then it's almost pointless. I can keep apologizing until I'm blue in the face but if that person needs planned change and I don't try to go into how I plan to do better in the future then it means very little to them. The more we know about ourselves and what our loved ones need in love and via apology - the better. 

IMG_1531 IMG_1533 IMG_1534  IMG_1535


Celebrated: Nineteen years with Dustin. Half of our entire life and our whole ass adult lives. Absolutely insane. I took Friday off so we could just hang at home together before going to our favorite fancy restaurant, Christner's, where we devoured that orange cake like we were getting paid to do it. 

IMG_1883

IMG_1880

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.