Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gronk, the Nord

FRIDAY:
MuggleNet tweeted Friday afternoon that some of the Harry Potter stars were expected to sign Deathly Hallows Part 2 DVDs later that night at a Walmart near the park. I got so excited. I asked all of my fellow HP friends if they would be interested in going. They weren't. The only friend who offered to join lives over an hour away and isn't even a fan (thanks again - that meant a lot). So I asked Dustin. I didn't want to because Skyrim just came out that day and he has been talking about this game for months. I knew he just wanted to sit home and play - understandably so. It's like if he asked me to go with him somewhere the same day Sims 3 was released. Plus there was a Pens game which he was also looking forward to watching. Despite all of that, he came with me. He actually offered. He sat in 45 min worth of pain in the ass Friday evening traffic just so I could enjoy the last little bit of Harry Potter. I'm always grateful he's in my life but moments like that are the ones that make me almost emotionally grateful.

We got to Walmart a little after 6PM. It was PACKED. The line had already started to form (well, DUH.) so we made our way to the back. The line just zig-zagged through random departments. We were in the male active wear/sleepwear section. Staring at 'Call of Duty' pajama pants for an hour really wasn't all that exciting. The screams started and we knew someone had arrived. It wasn't made clear exactly which HP stars would be there as most of them (apart from Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson) were in town for the DVD release party at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. (Side Note: I was going to get tickets to that but they were around $500 PER PERSON! So yeah...didn't work out.) It was almost 8PM when I found out who was actually there - Lavender Brown, Seamus Finnegan, Cho Chang, & Dean Thomas. I was excited to see them but kind of disappointed I didn't get to see the Grint (aka Ron Weasley) or Luna Lovegood or Lucius Malfoy. We decided to leave the autograph line to just get pictures of them instead. The line had barely moved and they would only be there for another hour. We wouldn't have made it anyway.



Lavender Brown (Jessie Cave) in pink. She had the cutest glasses on too.



Left in blue: Seamus Finnegan (Devon Murray)
Middle in black: Cho Chang (Katie Leung)
Right in blue: Dean Thomas (Alfie Enoch)

Dustin grabbed my legs and lifted me up for all of these photos. I was in such a rush to get there I didn't even bring my camera. I only had my iphone. Oh well. It was still fun and incredibly surreal to see these people so close up - in person. Even though I didn't get my DVD signed and some of the other actors didn't show, I don't regret going at all. I had a good time. Anything Harry Potter related is a good time to me.

SATURDAY:
I was planning on going up to Jax with Katie for a Diabetes Walk, but between my elbow issues and the fact I would have to get up at 5AM to do a lot of driving, it didn't work out. It sucks because I truly wanted to go. It seems that it was for the best though, especially since I couldn't knock feeling exhausted all weekend. No matter how much rest I got, I was tired. I just know that drive and walk would have kicked my ass even more. I'm blaming it all on the painters.

I didn't go to yoga either because I didn't want to risk hurting my elbow even more. I actually slept in Saturday morning for the first time in over 6 months. It felt good. Once Dustin was up, we ran some errands and grabbed some lunch.


I ended up spending the latter half of the day with my mom. We sat by the lake and just talked. Laughed a lot. We had a good time. It was rather refreshing. The breeze had just enough chill and the conversation flowed right along. I am grateful for that time. Time with my mom that was uninterrupted by television or phones. Quality time where I felt I was heard just as much as I listened.



I am not ashamed by the picture below. That was our Saturday night. Both in slippers (recent purchases as 80% of our house is tile) and a lovely front seat viewing of Deathly Hallows Part 2. And yeah, I cried just as much as I did when I saw it in the theater in July. It was such a cozy night. A perfect night.



SUNDAY:
My Sunday started with a visit with Christina and Chase. No pics. =/ I hadn't seen Chase since he was just a couple months old and here he was running, climbing, talking! I would slide down the slide first, then Chase, then Christina. It was an awesome slide - it had rollers. I thought it was the coolest new invention in playgrounds. Not sure how new it is. I couldn't tell you the last time I was at a playground and I don't have children so that might explain my fascination. I had never been to this particular park and I just loved how it was completely covered in trees. Lots of shade and the playground was really cool. Nice park, good friends, great time.

I got home and was still feeling exhausted. Pretty much the theme of my weekend. I took a nap for a couple hours. It didn't really help but I never turn down a Sunday afternoon nap. The rest of the day was filled with a Steelers WIN, catching up on the last two episodes of Fringe, and watching Dustin kill dragons on Skyrim.

It was a pretty simple weekend and although I never felt like my body caught up, I had a good time. How the hell is it over already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.