We have watched just about every sport that NBC has put on TV.
Soccer - Boring. Snooze. Boring. So much running. So little action. Lots of whining.
Water Polo - Splashing. Head bobbing. Snooze. More Splashing.
Table Tennis (or Ping Pong as us Merrricans call it) - We watched Ariel Hsing and I started screaming for her like it was a damn football game. She's only 16 and has so much talent and skill. It's truly unbelievable how good she is. She came so close but one of China's players beat her. I don't care if she lost, I'm still cheering her on.
Beach Volleyball - The match we watched a couple of days ago with Kessy and Ross was awesome. Those girls were on fire.
Team (Indoor) Volleyball - Dustin and I watched this on my lunch break on Monday. I was getting so into it. It brought me back to my high school gym class and how much I hated that ball flying through the air towards my face. But I have now learned that it's actually really fun to WATCH others play.
Horseback Riding - The horses just trotted around an empty field for 5 minutes. I didn't get it. Sam told me the proper terminology and tried to explain it but it just went over my head. I mean, if anything, the horses should be the ones receiving medals.
Gymnastics - When I was a kid I dreamed of becoming a gymnast and sometimes even thought I was one (even though I have no athletic ability whatsoever - unless you count Kinect basketball). But I grew up like we all do and realized that I would have probably broken every bone in my body if I had attempted any of those events. But I still love gymnastics. It's hands down my favorite Olympic sport. The 'fab five' did not disappoint either. I was going nuts the other night watching them nail every single event. I mean McKayla Maroney on vault! And Aly Raisman on floor! Ahh! So excited they got a gold medal. Go USA!
Dustin even pointed out that Sam looks like McKayla Maroney so I just had to do a split screen. Yep, she sure does! (Sam and Pat don't think so but Dustin and I do. And when I was over at Erin's last night I asked her opinion - she said yep! 3 to 2.)
GO USA! GO!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.