Katie came over early Saturday afternoon. We had a long list of things to do but top of the list was go to the Paint The Trail by artist Jeff Sonksen wall or at least the Longwood section it. I drive by this fence of artwork every day and it brings me such joy every time I see it. Although this part of the wall is a little sad because everyone on it has died. It's this bittersweet thing to hear a celebrity has died and then to see that person up on the wall days later. But these people have all brought great happiness to the world and I love seeing them. I parked my car on a nearby neighborhood street and Katie and I walked the wall close up, taking photos with celebrities that meant the most to us.
Then it was off to Target to buy BBQ sauce and white shirts for the concert. Yeah we go there. We also stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some crafting supplies. Then it was back home to get working on our shirts. We bought these tickers EXACTLY a year ago (see Katie's FB message below). And Katie BBQ stain idea came shortly after that. So we had been sitting on this whole event for a long ass time.
We used stencils and a paint pen for the "BBQ" letters. At first my idea was to be super literal and write the worn "stain" in BBQ sauce but it didn't really work out. So Dustin suggested we just go outside and splatter the shirts by putting BBQ sauce on a spoon and pretend we're artists. We did just that even as the neighbors giggled at us. The shirts turned out even cooler than we had imagined except the only hard part was blotting the BBQ excess and drying it with a hair dryer. We were still slightly sticky when we left the house but overall it worked out like a charm.




So the original plan was to get pedicures and swing by Avalon Exchange but we did not have time for either so we went straight to get food. I took her to Vanbarry's Public House for the first time except there was a fucking 45 minute wait and we did not have time for that shit. So we drove down Orange and she's like "There's a Five Guys" and I whipped the car around and we enjoyed some damn good burgers before the show.

We parked in the parking garage a few blocks away and as we turned the corner to the Amway we saw the huge crowd of people in line to get in. I've been to the Amway quite a few times for various events but I've never seen it like that outside. Thankfully the line moved fast and before we knew it we were inside. Katie and I checked out the shirts. Katie bought one but my cheap ass opted not too because they were way too expensive. Every stadium concert I've been to they double the price of a regular cotton t-shirt but every small show at HOB or the like it's all super affordable $20. Just kind of annoying.
LOCASH opened for Tim Hill (Dustin thought they were one person and called them Tim Hill once and it made me laugh so hard that I just call them that now. It's like Brangelina except better.) and were not my cup of tea AT ALL. First of all I've never even heard of them which isn't exactly saying much since I'm not into the country hits of today. I legit hate modern country and do not listen to it ever. However, 90s country (and even like early 2000s) are totally my jam. I think it's because country music was better back then (sorry not sorry) and also it's super nostalgic being that it all reminds me so much of my childhood. I remember watching the old Tim and Faith music videos at my dad's house alone in my bedroom. I just loved them so much. I own all of their music up until the early 2000s and only a few recent songs. Like I said country isn't my thing anymore but I will always give a new Tim or Faith song a try. That's why I was so pumped about this tour. It's BOTH of them playing their greatest hits. Um yeah sign me the hell up.
They put on a damn good show for a good 2.5 hours. Faith played every song I wanted her to including some of her first hits (Piece of My Heart, Wild One), some just straight up classic (The Kiss, Breathe) , and some of her new stuff (Speak to a Girl). She was so full of energy and skipped all over the stage. She was just amazing. Little Ashley and my current 32 year old self couldn't keep from smiling ear to ear the entire time.
Tim was equally amazing. He played more of his newer stuff (Live Like You Were Dying, Humble & Kind, Truck Yeah) though with some oldies sprinkled in (I Like It I Love It, Where the Green Grass Grows. Katie and I kept waiting for Something Like That and he played it at the very end! Phew! I would have loved to have heard Everywhere, Don't Take The Girl, Maybe We Should Just Sleep On It. They sang a few duets one of which was It's Your Love towards the end of the set. There were photos playing in the background of their life together including photos of their daughters. It just made me so emotional. The whole night we were all witness to a real life love story playing out on stage. They are so genuinely in love and it's a beautiful thing to watch. Thanks Katie, Tim, & Faith for a night of a lifetime.
Side story: I came home and told Dustin how great the show was and I mentioned that Faith looks amazing. He replied "She probably uses a BBQ facemark every night". Touche.













No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.