My actual birthday fell on a dreaded weekday - Thursday. I mean, it could be worst and slapped me in the face with a Monday. I went to work and when I arrived I was greeted with my desk decorated and the craziest breakfast spread ever. There was fruit, quiche, apple pastries, and little sausage sandwiches. All categories were covered - healthy, sweet, and savory. It was the perfect way to start out the day.
It was a pretty normal work day except I got a lot more texts which is basically the modern Hallmark card. Ha! But my friends and family also sent real cards too. I also got packages leading up to, on the day of, and even after my birthday which was so exciting because I love mail but also because gifts from people who love you are pretty fucking awesome.
I took myself out to lunch to Tijuana Flats and read for an hour while stuffing all the chips and queso in my mouth. Dustin always feels bad for me and others who eat in public alone but it's seriously one of my favorite things. I love just having that time to myself so it really was nice. Plus when I got back to work we dove into that cake!
Dustin asked me so many times if I wanted to go out to dinner on my actual birthday but I told him I just wanted to get take out and eat at home. I probably would have taken him up on his offer if I didn't already have plans Friday and Saturday. But it was a nice little evening at home with my meatball and cats.
I'm excited about 33.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.