Last Sunday I went over to Katie's around 10:30ish to begin the longest yet most fun day I've had in a very long time. I don't think I've painted with anyone over my lifetime more than I have with her. We have painted her living room, kitchen, dining room, Aubrie's Room, and Kierce's room over the last 10 years. This time we re-painted Aubrie's room. She had tiffany blue walls which were a lot darker than we thought. We started with a coat of primer. And then another.
Then we finally got to bust open the actual paint. It was a light blush pink. Aubrie requested glitter just as her teal walls had. It's super subtle and actually turns out a lot nicer than one would think. All we had to do was dump a bag of glitter into the paint bucket, swirl around, and voila! You have to see it in person to truly appreciate it because al my photos don't even pick up the glitter. We got half way done with the room and then we realize two things. First we need to do another coat of pink too and second, we need more paint. Katie ran to Lowes while I trudged onward. By the time she got back we were both moving a lot slower. We were started to lose steam but we were still in good spirits. We spent the first half of the day just talking about everything. Then the latter half was a mix of singing 90s and early 2000s songs really badly to one another. Hey, whatever keeps us going, right? By the end Katie was having issues with her blood sugar (she's diabetic) and I had sweat dripping down every body crack I own. It was time to hang up our rollers.
Thankfully Tommy brought home some fried chicken and ice-cream which we devoured like neanderthals. Sustenance! As I stood up from her dining room table my muscles and bones barely worked. I could hardly walk. Each step hurt. Each movement labored. I felt 95 years old. What in the hell!
We went back in Aubrie's room for a final touch up. Kierce aka our project manager was very helpful. We went out in a blaze of glory with R.E.M.'s 'Losing My Religion'. Kierce was a little shy on the solo but I have a feeling she will come around next time. Singing loud and badly is part of the friendship Katie and I have created. Sorry not sorry.
We finally revealed the newly painted room to Aubrie. She seemed to be speechless at first. I mean, it was kind of a dramatic change. She told us that she really loved it then she gave us both a big hug of gratitude. Boom, my job here was done (until Katie lures me back to do Kierce's in a couple years! Ha!). Tommy better start saving up for our 4 course meal.
I left Katie's around 9 or 10. I honestly don't remember. It was late. I had been there almost 12 hours. I could barely walk to my damn car. I made it home and looked at myself in the mirror. I had paint splatter on my glasses, my apple watch, my hair, and all over my skin. I hobbled into the shower and stayed in there for a very long time. A nice hot shower was just the ticket.
When I woke the next day my hands were swollen and I could barely bend my fingers. My whole body felt like it had been hit with a truck. A very pink truck. With glitter. And lots of old songs. I took some Aleve and filled up my ice pack. I stayed horizontal the entire day. I laid in bed watching TV, reading, and napping. It was glorious.
Hey youths, enjoy those young bones while you can.
*Pink stink
*One trip situation
*REM theme song
*Lil Dipper (Kierce) / Ripper (Me) / Tripper (Katie)










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.