The plan was to meet our dear friends at Rock Bottown Brewery at Daytona One last Saturday. We were all pumped and counting down the days since we hadn't seen one another since February. I mean, I talk to Rachelle/Dustin talks to Matt on the daily but face to face interaction was lacking.
I feel like the universe did everything it could to try to sabotage our Saturday hangs with the Bentons.
First, Rachelle found out about the Country 500. I hadn't even heard of this event but of course it was happening in Daytona the weekend we were getting together. Daytona during any kind of event is the absolute pits so we almost canceled but thankfully we worked out a plan B.
Matt wanted to check out a salt water fish store in Orlando so on the way they met us at Teak in Maitland. We all got there within minutes of each other but I saw a crowd heading for the door so I went ahead and got us a seat. I was waiting a little while and started wondering where everyone was. Then Dustin came in by himself. As he walked over to me he was laughing and shaking his head and as he sat down said "Matt forgot his shoes and now they have to go to the store to get him some." I was just like in shock because I've never heard of this happening to anyone. Like they drove 70 miles without him having shoes. He's known for his barefoot antics so in the end I don't think any of us were surprised but I can tell you a certain wife of his was none too pleased. Ha! They ended up at Marshalls down the road, got him some flip flops, and were sitting down to enjoy a meal with us in no time. But I swear the universe was trying to pull some tricky shit. Not today!
I really love Teak's flatbreads but I wanted something different so I got their chicken sandwich and it was heaven. It fell apart and was super messy but who cares when it taste that good. Their fries were also good. My girl Addilyn sat next to me and ever so discreetly would steal one of my fries like it was no big deal. It had be cracking up. My only complaint is their fancy ass ketchup. It is just gross. Heinz or nothing. That's how the Maffs roll.
After we all ate we walked next door to Lake Lily. It was really overcast which kept the heat somewhat at bay. We sat under the gazebo and watched Addilyn chase lizards, birds, and sometimes people. Two year olds have some energy let me tell you! She was so good though and just ran around wanting to explore every little area we were in and sometimes even beyond. It was nice to see a kid just be a kid without a screen stuck in front of their face especially so young. Let them run and pick up sticks and pretend they are a dog or watch a turtle pop it's head out of the water or scoot across the concrete in their cute new outfit. Actually, don't let them do the last one!
It turned out to be such a nice little afternoon even if there were some bumps along the way. Just got to rolls with it or yell profanities, take a deep breath, and just get over it.










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.