This year Dustin surprised me by giving me my Valentine's Day presents two days early. I went to the mailbox the minute I got out of my car, as I do every day, and found a sneaky little note from him but didn't think anything of it. Then I walked in from work and BAM he had a little display of awesome on my desk. The theme was most definitely plants. I got an orchid and tulips (my favey fave forever and always) AND baby Groot. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep everything alive. Thankfully baby Groot is made of plastic which makes things much easier for me. He also made me the absolute best card (he's definitely at expert level card maker) with the help of Despicable Me stickers. He totally made my day.
Since he gave me my stuff early, it only seemed fair that I give him his stuff. I gave him his velociraptor card, new Pens car decal, Dino egg, and of course Reeses Cups.

For actual Valentine's Day, Dustin and I ran some errands and went out to lunch. When we returned home I had received a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a card, and a bottle of apple juice at my doorstep from Sam. She told me she was dropping something by but I had no idea what. I was so excited to put the flowers in a vase and the apple juice in the fridge. It was such a thoughtful thing to do. Galentine's Day all the way!
I've always been a firm believer that Valentine's Day is much more than just couples. It's just about love.
Friends. Family. All of us.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.