If you've done the math, that's 1/3 of our lives. We got together just months before we both turned 20 years old. In the grand scheme of things we were incredibly young but he and I had to grow up a hell of a lot earlier than most so we never thought twice about it. All we knew is we wanted to be together no matter the distance or struggle that we would have to endure. And here we are 10 years later still happier than ever. I mean, this is exactly what I hoped for my life. I'm proud of the life we have created together and so incredibly lucky that he has been my constant in every possible way this past decade. We are so much the same goofy people we were when we met but when I think of us then and us now, I can't help but see the changes in both of us. Dustin used to be super tense and now he's pretty damn laid back. I used to be too scared to speak up and now I stand up for myself left and right. We've helped one another create a much better balance. He truly makes me a better person. I am beyond thankful every day we have together because he always finds a way to make even the most boring days something extraordinary. This life of mine, this life of ours, its 's a good one for sure.
Here are some fun facts to show how long ten years really is.
When we got together in 2005...
Miranda was 13. She's now 23 living on her own.
Cody was 7. He's now 17 about to graduate from high school.
Spike was still alive. So was Nike. Hell, so was Rusty.
We were both living at home with our moms.
I was still going to college when we met. I stopped going soon after.
Dustin had a PS2. He now has an Xbox One.
We had Nokia phones. We now have iPhones.
We were both living at home with our moms.
I was still going to college when we met. I stopped going soon after.
Dustin had a PS2. He now has an Xbox One.
We had Nokia phones. We now have iPhones.
In the past 10 years...
Dustin has had two cars, I've had three (don't ever buy a Ford!).
Dustin's had four jobs, I've had seven (seems like a lot but I got laid off twice).
We've been through one surgery and multiple other wacky illnesses.
Dustin's had four jobs, I've had seven (seems like a lot but I got laid off twice).
We've been through one surgery and multiple other wacky illnesses.
We've lived in four different houses (in two different cities), three of which were our own.
We've been out of state together a total of four times (Pittsburgh three times and Savannah once).
We've been to four weddings and two funerals.
Steelers went to the Superbowl three times and won twice.
Pens won the Stanley Cup once.
We got together when Bush was still president. We've voted in two presidential elections together since then.
We have enjoyed seeing the last five Harry Potter movies in the theater when they were first released. We were also together during the final two Harry Potter book releases.
Things that haven't changed at all...
We still have zero children.
We still do not own a house.
We are still really fucking happy.
It's so hard to fit 10 years into 15ish minutes but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Oh time, you're crazy. And awesome. And emotional. And mind boggling.
We've been out of state together a total of four times (Pittsburgh three times and Savannah once).
We've been to four weddings and two funerals.
Steelers went to the Superbowl three times and won twice.
Pens won the Stanley Cup once.
We got together when Bush was still president. We've voted in two presidential elections together since then.
We have enjoyed seeing the last five Harry Potter movies in the theater when they were first released. We were also together during the final two Harry Potter book releases.
Things that haven't changed at all...
We still have zero children.
We still do not own a house.
We are still really fucking happy.
It's so hard to fit 10 years into 15ish minutes but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Oh time, you're crazy. And awesome. And emotional. And mind boggling.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.