Thursday, March 12, 2015

Currently

Enjoying: Afternoon walks with Dustin. We've been bad and haven't been to the gym in probably a month. Maybe more. But we have tried to walk several times a week around our neighborhood and sometimes we even venture out of it. It's just us. We leave our phones at home. GASP! But it's so freeing to not even care about it for however long we're gone. To not automatically check Instagram. Or reply to a text. It's just us and the passing cars. The barking dogs. The fellow walkers. The wind blowing in the trees. The bugs buzzing around our skin. I don't know when or if we'll go back to the gym but either way I'd really love to keep these walks going.

Loving: Maybelline's Matte Lipsticks! I was in Ulta looking for deep orange lipstick options to wear at Sam & Pat's wedding when I came across the perfect shade. And now I've bought another color of the same kind of lipstick because I love it so much. I'm such a fan of matte lipsticks because super shiny lips remind me of Kim Kardashian or some equally annoying over makeup'd girl. I also barely have to reapply. If you're into lipstick, give it a try!

Reading: Nothing. Ugh. I really hate having nothing on my Kindle to read. I just finished The Girl On The Train because everyone was raving about it and I heard it be compared to Gone Girl. It was a good book. I really enjoyed the suspense and the way the author intertwined so many stories. I was anxious to finish it to get to the bottom of everything. However, it's not as good as Gone Girl. That book is just on a whole different level of suspense and shock and twists and turns.

Watching: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. I actually got Netflix back JUST to watch this show. I love Ellie Kemper from The Office. Also, Tina Fey created the show so I thought it had to be a winner. Then Sam told me she had been enjoying it so I was sold. I'm already half way through the season and it's incredibly quirky, funny, and just adorable. It's a comedy about a girl who was locked in a bunker for 15 years against her will (kind of dark sounding but it's done in such a hilarious way) and finally freed. Now she's 29 living in NYC trying to figure out what to do with her life. All of the 90s references (because that's when she was kidnapped so it's all she knows) are so awesome. It's so different and smart. And weird but in the best way.


Also Broad City. I started watching it when I was sick a few weeks back and I've already completely caught up. It is hilarious! And inappropriate. And perfectly ridiculous. Kind of like Seth Rogen humor but for girls by girls. It comes on Comedy Central but also it's on demand and Amazaon Prime. This one is produced by Amy Poehler so again, you can't go wrong! I don't know what it is about these girls but they are just so real in the craziest way. I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same feeling when I have nothing to read on my Kindle...reading really enriches a person's life :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.