So back in March Dustin sends me a text (see screenshot below) about wanting to go to a Tortuga game. At that point I hadn't even been to the Pirates game yet but I was on board. Sign me up for all of the baseball games. It's my new sport! So I immediately told Katie about our desire to go to a game in which she replied with "we should totes go together" and I was all "YASSS!". So we planned the first Saturday we could which happened to be 5/9. It also just so happened to be Cosplay night. I immediately thought of my Rockford Peach costume uniform. Because DUH. Is there anything greater to where to a baseball cosplay night? Nope! Dustin was planning on wearing his TMNT shirt but didn't. (Boo!) I was solo in my cosplay game. I didn't care. I was so excited to have a reason (other than Halloween) to wear this awesome outfit. I was so excited to see others dress up as well. But then we got there and I didn't ANY other costumes. What the hell people? Dress up! Have fun. YOLO for crying out loud!
Katie, Tommy, and the girls met us at the entrance. I finally saw some of my fellow nerds as we walked inside. I wish there had been a better turnout as far as the cosplay went but it didn't bum me out because I still had the best time. There was a registration table and they took my photo for the contest. I had so many people compliment my outfit which made me so happy. Of course these people were my age or older. Hey parents, make sure your kids watch A League Of Their Own. It's a requirement for growing up.
We found some good seats before the game started and shortly after Katie and I went to grab a drink. Well she got a drink and I just tagged along for fun. She also bought a chili cheese dog but she practically whispered her order to the cashier. The guy totally noticed and called her out on it. HAHA! The first rule to ordering a chili cheese dog is never be ashamed that you ordered it. SCREAM THAT ORDER LOUD AND PROUD.
We got to take photos with the Tortuga mascot! And Katie and Dustin schooled me on the game of baseball. Sorry guys, but it's going to take a little while. Then Dustin and I left to go get some food. I of course got a HOT DOG because I feel like you just kind of have to at a baseball game. Dustin thought it would be easier if we just ate them at the tables instead of trying to juggle everything back up to the stands. And knowing my clumsy self, I thought this was a great idea. After I was done eating I had TWO guys come up and compliment my outfit. They even asked to take a photo with me. It was my 30 seconds of fame. HA!
During halftime/intermission or whatever you call it, all of the cosplayers started walking out onto the field. Dustin's like "WHY DIDN'T YOU GO OUT THERE?" and to be honest I didn't know I was supposed to. I was just told to fill out the form and smile for the camera. I was going to run onto the field but realized it was way too late. Oh well, next time!
We enjoyed the rest of the game even if they did lose. As all of us girls emptied our bladders Kierce managed to find $11 on the bathroom floor. She so generously split it with Aub and their excitement couldn't be contained. They bounced all the way to the parking lot - each of them $5.50 richer. As I was getting something out of my car for Katie, fireworks started going off over our heads. What the...? We weren't expecting that after a loss. It was a really impressive firework show too. So impressive that poor Kierce started crying. She did not like the loud booming and pops at all. I've been told I was just like that for many years of my childhood. My mom told me Alf was setting them off and it seemed to do the trick. If I had told Kierce that she would've said "Who's Alf?" and that right there would've broken my heart.
And in case you're all wondering, yes, Dustin got his Tortuga shirt.
A great night filled with so many memories. When's the next one?!




















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.