Friday, December 4, 2015

Christmas Card: Merry Sithmas

Can you even believe this is our 10th Christmas Card?! I sure as hell can't. 

We always start brainstorming around September. Once September hits the holidays just come flying so we like to be prepared. We threw around a couple ideas but nothing stuck quite like Star Wars. I pictured us in more of a Leia/Han scenario but I was seduced by the dark side. Obviously. Dustin bought the Kylo Ren mask awhile back. He just thought it was awesome and up and bought it out of no where which helped us lock in our Christmas Card "dark side" theme. I was just going to buy some cheap Darth Vader mask after Halloween but Dustin insisted we get a nice one. So that's what we did. The cool part about the masks is that they each have a spot in our living room. So yes we can wear them if we want to but they also double as decor. The sweaters were purchased at Target. I'd wear mine all the time if the weather would cooperate. I'm hoping it's cold for our date to The Force Awakens. Dustin hates when we match (outside of photos) so I'm not sure if he'd approve but I sure as hell wouldn't care. Dustin bought us both light sabers way back before we even lived together. He bought me the purple one that made it into the photo and one that lights up for himself. We have kept both and play with them on occasion. However, Dustin really wanted to get into character and bought the new one. 

We drove to a park early in the day last weekend when we figured it wouldn't be crowded. Thankfully we were able to take our photos without too many interruptions. There was one other family that we had to stop to let pass but other than that we were alone in the woods. The Darth Vader mask was so stuffy that Dustin had to snap the photos fast! Also, I couldn't see because my glasses wouldn't fit. So I was basically blind with a limited air supply. The things I go through for these cards! Ha! I thought it would add a little personal touch if I put an old pair of glasses over the mask. I just don't feel like myself (even myself AS Darth Vader) if I'm not wearing glasses in some capacity. I'm so happy with the way the photos came out. They are even cooler than I thought they would be. 


sithmasfinal

IMG_0080

IMG_0074

IMG_0069

IMG_0061

IMG_0063

IMG_0065

IMG_0056

IMG_0042

IMG_0043

IMG_0038

IMG_0083 IMG_0084

Thank you to each and every one of you who not only appreciate (and share) our sense of humor but also look forward to our card arriving in the mail just as much as we enjoy creating them each and every year. All of these texts made me so incredibly happy! And I found it so amazing that our little card could turn around a bad day. Not only did she send me that sweet text but also posted THIS on her Instagram. 

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.