Well, it sure took me long enough to get this post up. But you know how that whole life thing happens sometimes.
Although Dustin and I were invited to my family's house for Thanksgiving out of town, we decided to stay home and celebrate at home, just the two of us. We have just been so insanely busy with everything and plus we've been driving back and forth all of the state for the last few months. We needed some time to just unwind and relax. We wanted a convenient, no-stress holiday. And that's exactly what we got. It honestly was one of my favorite Thanksgivings of all time.
We woke up early and watched the (horrible) Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. It doesn't feel like Thanksgiving until that is on a TV somewhere. Was it a great parade? Nope. Did I enjoy the performances? Not really. Were the floats at least cool? Not so much. But we still watched and had a good time making fun of the horrible lip syncing and announcers. Dustin helped me make both the green bean casserole and sweet potatoes/yams (Rachelle and I learned this week that they are one in the same. Ha!) Once they were done, we kept them in the oven to keep them warm and headed to Boston Market for the rest of our meal. We got there about 11:30 because we weren't sure how packed it would be. We ordered right away without any problems. We got home right when the clock struck noon. We ate our Thanksgiving lunch right then while watching the dog show. The upside to having Thanksgiving at your own house with only your immediate family is being able to decide everything. You get to pick out what's on the menu and what time you're going to eat it. Also, you can take a nap anytime you please! It's so awesome.
The long weekend started out well...so long. And then it was over just like that. We spent most of it in pajamas. We barely left the house. It was the best! I got through half a season of Scandal, we finished Jessica Jones, and watched A New Hope. I mean, pretty damn productive right? Also did I mention the naps? Oh so many glorious naps.
Then Sunday rolled around and I dragged myself out of the house to meet Katie and the girls at the Deland Indie market. We have missed the last 2 or 3 so we were extra excited this time around. There were quite a few vendors that I loved and I made a few really great purchases. They always have the event in downtown Deland. The main part is held in a really cool warehouse (is it weird I think it would be cool to have a wedding reception or any party there?) and tons of other vendors trickle out onto the surrounding alleys and roads.
One of Katie's friends painted some really cool wings on a random wall in an alley right near the event. So we had to take photos in front of it like everyone else! It's certainly cool on it's own but even cooler when you add a person in the middle.
It was a lovely afternoon just strolling and girl talking.
Thanks for treating me so well Thanksgiving weekend! You were the bomb.com.
It was a lovely afternoon just strolling and girl talking.
Thanks for treating me so well Thanksgiving weekend! You were the bomb.com.











No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.