Katie and the girls came over to our house this year to celebrate our annual Friendsmas. The girls were very anxious to open their presents so we got right to it. This year I got them both art pieces to hang on their walls at home.
Kierces says "Though she be but little, she is fierce." -William Shakespeare
Kierce has had the nickname "Fierce Kierce" since infancy so I thought it was incredibly fitting.
Aubrie's says "Nothing is impossible when the word itself says I'm possible. -Audrey Hepburn
Aubrie has been really into Audrey lately. She even went as her for Halloween.
I wanted to give them something that they could keep throughout their childhood and maybe even beyond. I wanted them to have a subtle daily reminder of how strong they both are. They are just girls now but soon they will be the women of the future. I just want to do my part in lifting them up and supporting them in whatever and whomever they choose to be. I know they probably won't appreciate this gift until years later but that's ok.
I also got them some fun stuff too - clothes, new sunglasses, & minions.
Then it was finally time for Katie and I to exchange gifts. She got me wood earrings (yes wood!), fun emoji magnets, a beanie, a holiday tote, and the coolest kitchen towel that has my grandmother's "famous" banana bread muffin recipe on it. I love sentimental and that's as sentimental as it gets!
I gave her a Golden Girls keychain, a book, and the best mug of all time (crying Dawson Leery!). Bahaha! I couldn't click the order button fast enough when I saw that mug. First of all she collects fun/funny mugs and secondly she is currently rewetting Dawson's Creek.
Dustin made us the most kid friendly lunch on the planet. We enjoyed chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, Doritos, and Capri Suns. I know, we're keeping it extra healthy over here folks! Whatever.
We enjoyed a viewing of Alvin & the Chipmunks, played with Star Wars "toys", and Dustin gave them a drums lesson. It was a really nice little afternoon with some of my favorite girls. Thank you for all my lovely gifts and most of all thanks for sharing another year with me. Merriest Christmas!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.