When Dustin and I realized Nickelodeon was airing a few episodes a night we were quick to watch every episode once again. Every episode just sucks you in no matter how many times you've seen it. My biggest complaint with TV these days is the lack of 90s style sitcoms. You know, the type of show that adults and kids can actually enjoy together (ex: Family Matters, Step By Step, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, etc.) Those kind of shows do not exist anymore. There are shows that are strictly for toddlers or preteens or 18+. No shows are aimed at all family members. I'm hoping Fuller House changes that. I read a pretty bad review from Entertainment Weekly yesterday that chewed up the show and spit it out. The thing is, the media can say whatever they want about it and people will still tune in anyway just because the original is so beloved.
The original show means so much to all of us. I know it does to me espcially. If I had to pick one show from my childhood it would be that one. I didn't have parents growing up. Let me rephrase, I didn't have parents who gave a shit. And because of that, and the fact that I'm an only child (well kind of), I turned to TV for everything. Shows were more than entertainment; TV shows were my family, my friends, my parental figures, my hope, & my escape. I spent so many hours as a kid alone in my living room at my mom's or alone in my bedroom at my dad's watching all the TV. Full House was always my go-to show. But this is way before streaming or DVR options. This was back in the olden days where you had to watch a show live or tape it with a VHS. I seriously feel ancient after typing that sentence.
Boy Meets World did it with Girl Meets World. And although I enjoy GMW it's still no where close to the perfection of BMW. I expect Fuller House to be somewhat similar. But I still have super high hopes. I think we all do. How can we not? I think for awhile it will just be enough to be back in that big beautiful San Fran house with the grown up cast. But there's definitely going to need to be a little more than that to keep the show interesting. Dustin & I plan on binge watching the shit out of it tomorrow night. I cannot wait! Good or bad, I AM READY. Let's go Tanner family.
Me Dustin
Favorite Episode: The Hole In The Wall One The Fabulous Alibaba Hotel & Casino
Favorite Special Episode: 2 Part Katsopolis Wedding Hawaii
Coolest Character: DJ Viper
Most Fashionable: Becky Kimmy
Favorite Character Friend: Kimmy & Teddy Steve & Gia
Favorite Guest Star: The Beach Boys Urkel
Favorite Moment: When Jesse sings to Becky Danny Tanner Guitar Try Out
Saddest Moment: When DJ & Steve broke up When Jesse's Greek grandpa died
Favorite Catch Phrase: "Nerdbomber"- DJ "Rush Hour Renegades...Comin' Atcha!"
Cheesiest Moment: Joey doing Bullwinkle Nelson in his turtle neck
Best Couple: Jesse & Becky Duh Joey and Mr. Woodchuck
Carly Rae Jepsen's new version of the theme song. It's pretty good.






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.