Monday, October 3, 2016

Fitness: Week One

I've been going to the gym on a regular basis for months and months, but I haven't been pushing myself and on top of that I wasn't eating right. So of course I wasn't losing anything. In fact, I gained.

No, I'm not obese and I'm sure most of you probably can't see any real difference but I've put on a good 25 lbs. I am actually the biggest I've ever been in my life. The biggest I've been prior to now was 157 but I am up to 164. I'm not necessarily ashamed of this but I sure as hell am not proud. My goal weight is 140 (and if I'm really fit 135). I'm well aware that I'm of average height, have naturally big boobs, and have curves. I have never been one of these stick thin girls and I know I never will be (nor do I want to be). I just want to be at a size that is not only healthy but makes me feel good about myself. Right now, this very minute as I type this, I am not there.

Yet.

I really started to notice the weight gain in the way my clothes were fitting. My pants still fit but they are tight. I would get dressed in the morning and hate the fact I had to squeeze into them. I hate that there are certain tops that I can't button up anymore because I've clearly gained weight in my already big boobs. I don't like that feeling. In fact, it's infuriating. So instead of whine and mope around I decided to get hard core about my lifestyle. For the last week I have been busting my ass in every way I can. I've been watching my calorie intake (staying in between 1,200 - 1,500 each day). I am utilizing my FitBit app. every way I can including entering every item of food I eat. But to be honest I have not enjoyed a single meal. Sure they've all tasted fine but they aren't hitting "the spot" if you know what I mean.

I also track my water. intake I have been non-stop drinking out of my RTIC (I'm a real diva and have to have my water ice cold all of the time.) Now of course this means I'm also peeing non-stop as well. I'm sure my co-workers think I have some kind of old lady bladder issue. Nope, just drinking my weight in water! No need to be alarmed. I haven't had anything other than water to drink all week. No soda or juice or gatorade or coffee (not that I drink that much anyway). My body has never been more fucking hydrated in my life.

I've also kicked my workouts up a few notches. As you can see below, I went to the gym every single day except Wednesday. I got over 10,000 steps 5 out of 7 days. That's totally crazy for me. In the mornings I've been doing small workouts that I've found on Pinterest or YouTube. So i'll do only about 10 minutes or so before I go to work each morning. Then after work I head straight to the gym and get in some serious cardio. I've been really enjoying the treadmill the past few months. I do a 5 min. warm up with the incline up high. Then from there I lower the incline and run for as long as I can. When I can't run anymore I switch to a walk. I keep going back and forth for at least 30 min. I leave every night drenched in sweat and feeling great. But that wears off later on in the evening. Everyone says that working out and eating right gives you so much energy but I have yet to benefit from that supposed effect. I crashed by 9pm almost every single work night last week which is a total bummer. I hope that the energy comes in time.

I've been weighing myself every other day. I don't want to be obsessive about the weigh ins but I also want to keep tabs on where I'm at.

I'm allowing myself one cheat meal and one cheat dessert per week. So this week Dustin and I had Chipotle on Saturday. I had a chicken bowl which I split into two meals (half the bowl for lunch and the rest for dinner) along with chips. For my cheat dessert I had a Wawa chocolate chip cookie. It was paradise!

I have to say work is the hardest. We like to eat in my department. A lot. Someone is always bringing in donuts or pastries or candy. I not only said no to donuts this past week but I turned down a lunch date with my friend. Both of these things bummed me out but on the flip side I was proud (and shocked) I stood my ground. I already know I won't be able to say no to every single thing but it's a start.

I'm not blogging about all of this because I've become some fitness freak, because no matter how much I'm able to lose that title will never describe me. I want to hold myself accountable as cliche as that may sound. I want to keep track of my progress in a way where I can't be lazy about it.

My goal is to go hard on this until Dustin and I head up to Pittsburgh on Friday, 11/11 (because you bet your ass I'll be enjoying all the food Pittsburgh has to offer!) That gives me 6 weeks. I want to do it the healthy way which is 2 lbs per week. I hope to be down at least 10 lbs by that time and if it's more than that then awesome! In the first week I've lost 3 lbs. Now I'm thinking some of that is probably water weight but it's weight nonetheless.

I really appreciate all of your support in advance.
Also, you now know why I'm grumpier than ever.



  Untitled  Untitled Untitled    Untitled

Untitled
Thanks to my faraway Planet Fitness buds for the positivity, support, and thumbs up!

Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.