Lauren and I met up last Sunday at the Oblivion Taproom for their Harry Potter event. Dustin and I had been talking about checking out the Oblivion but more for their burgers, not so much their drinks.
I knew that it was located by my mom's house but I had no idea it was the same building as the old Straub's Seafood restaurant. I had to silently chuckle to myself because I remember going there all of the time for family events. My grandparent's old house is just down the road so it was very convenient. I'm happy to see what it's become though. It's got a very cool vibe that is a 180 from "Florida seafood cuisine".
As Lauren and I waited to be seated we noticed all of the little HP details they had scattered everywhere. We both reached our hands into the cauldron to be sorted. Lauren got Hufflepuff and I got Ravenclaw. Once we were seated we were given a special drink menu featuring all HP inspired drinks. I just stuck to a water. We shared some nachos since both of us weren't super hungry. They had one of the Harry Potter movies playing on a projector behind us. There were all ages from kids to full on adults ready for some magic. The waitstaff were all dressed from head to toe. Our waiter was dressed as a Death Eater and although it was cool, it was hard to hear him because the mask muffled his voice. But still loved his dedication!
After we drank our drinks and ate the nachos we walked to the back where several vendors were set up. There was a guy making old fashioned brooms which was really impressive although I'm not sure I have any use for said brooms. Lauren and I spoke to Heather of Weapon of Design for a bit telling her how much we loved her stuff. We especially loved her snitch inspired earrings.
Not only were there vendors but there was a live owl at the event. I mean that is pretty damn good. Hats off to you Oblivion. Lauren and I just stood there watching this cool bird and of course trying to get a good photo.
It was such a cool little event. I can't wait to bring Dustin back and actually have a real meal. I hear their burgers are very good...









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.