Wednesday, October 26, 2016

3 Fictional Characters

Remember about a month ago when everyone and their mom were posting photos of three fictional characters that are most like them or they can relate to? Well I wanted to participate because it's a fun thing to think about, except I couldn't think of one fictional character that reminded me of myself. I love SO many, of course, but it was so hard to come up with any that I was like.



After racking my brain the first one I thought of was Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec. I always used to say how April Ludgate was my spirit animal but that's really not true. Leslie is me all the way. We are one in the same. She's passionate about her friendships especially with her lady frans which is why she came up with Galentine's Day. (I've been sending out things to my lady frans before there was even an official name for the day! Can you say twins?) She takes pride in her work and always gives her best. She's a hardcore feminist. She's incredibly strong and independent but is also never afraid to ask for help when she needs it. Oh yeah, and she loves waffles!



Also Jess from New Girl! I mean, there's the obvious thing we have in common: cute glasses. Ha! But besides our stellar taste in eyewear we are similar in our love of crafting. Jess likes to sing sentences instead of just saying them like regular people. (Well, we aren't regular people! I get you girl. I like to sing stupid things too!) I'm not sure if it's ever mentioned but I feel like you can just tell she has anxiety via her extreme awkwardness during certain situations. She's super emotional and a classic over thinker which I can relate to on every level. But for all her "weirdness" or "quirky" nature that not everyone gets (except the people that are closest to her) she's got the kindest heart and she's all about making people smile. 



I don't know if anyone has seen the 1990's movie 'Bye Bye Love' other than Erin but you totally should watch it. It's one of my all time favorites because it's good, funny, and just plain real. Emma was exactly like me as a teenager. Throughout the whole movie she doesn't give a shit about her parents because she is still dealing with their divorce years after the fact. She looks for love in all the wrong places and focuses her attention on boys, well one boy in particular. This movie, and her character was my life in the 90s. From the McDonald's Friday drop offs to not being able to hang out with friends on your dad's weekend. I totally got her because it was my actual life. I understood her pain of having a broken family (even though her broken family was no where near broken as most).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.