I met Katie and the girls for our annual Deland Indie Market walk-thru the Sunday after Thanksgiving. They usually put on a couple events a year but we never miss the fall one. The weather is usually more doable which makes walking around in un-aircondintioned areas way more enjoyable.
Katie and I both agreed that this was the best one yet! We found so many amazing things, people, and shops! I think our favorite of the day was The Tipsy Gardener. She told us she came up with the name because she likes to drink while gardening. Ha! I love it! She had the most amazing plants. I especially loved her air plants. Katie and I both bought one. Mine is currently hanging at my desk at work.
Here are some of my other favorite venders:
Brott's Beard Care - Dustin loves their beard oil so I made sure to buy him a new scent!
Bright Light Paper - Super cute and fun greeting cards. You know I love me some cards.
Dent Design - So many fun pillows and baby apparel. I bought a cute Christmas ornament from her last year!
Delta Rose Boutique - Vintage clothing oh my!
We had the best time browsing and of course buying! There was so many cool things to look at. I loved watching Aubrie go nuts when she saw a guy selling minerals. I didn't realize she was so into minerals until that moment when Katie said it was her new thing. She dug through them all to find just the perfect ones to bring home to add to her collection. The pure joy on her face made me so happy.
Kierce pointed out every dog that got within 50 feet of us. And if they came in close contact you better believe she was on the ground petting them until their heart's content. Because of this I bought her a dog pin. I also bought Aubrie a pin ("The future is female.") because of her recent interest in feminism and women's rights. I got myself a few too because TREAT YO SELF.
The girls had been asking when they could open their presents all day so when we walked back to our cars we told them it was in fact present time! Yeah, we all opened gifts in the parking lot like a bunch ofweirdos cool kids. I got them both fanny packs (or as Kierce says "handy packs") with little things in each pocket. Dustin picked out a WWE Championship belt for Kierce and I got Aubrie an art set. I was overjoyed with their reactions to both. I feel like out of all the years I've been getting them presents this was definitely my best year. I don't know how I'll top next year but at least I have some time to figure it out.
I got Katie No Doubt's 'Tragic Kingdom' (a classic!), a candle (THE candle), and a Gone With The Wind inspired kitchen towel which just screamed "KATIE" when I saw it. I'm so happy she loved everything!
And speaking of loving everything, let me brag about what she got me. Gilmore Girls inspired coasters, the cutest floral oven mitt, dino salt-n-pepper shakers, and the coolest Deathly Hallows (aka HP) pencils made from real pages of the books. So yeah, I'm feeling extra extra lucky and oh so grateful.
After we were done with our gift exchange Katie asked me if I wanted to grab lunch at Subway. I immediately said yes because I was having such a good time. I just wanted the day to keep going so lunch was the perfect way for us all to extend our time together. The girls asked to ride in my car over which was hilarious. I wish I could've recorded the whole conversation but that would have been unsafe so I didn't.
We finally said our goodbyes but at least we all got to go home with full hearts and some really cool shit.
Kierce pointed out every dog that got within 50 feet of us. And if they came in close contact you better believe she was on the ground petting them until their heart's content. Because of this I bought her a dog pin. I also bought Aubrie a pin ("The future is female.") because of her recent interest in feminism and women's rights. I got myself a few too because TREAT YO SELF.
The girls had been asking when they could open their presents all day so when we walked back to our cars we told them it was in fact present time! Yeah, we all opened gifts in the parking lot like a bunch of
I got Katie No Doubt's 'Tragic Kingdom' (a classic!), a candle (THE candle), and a Gone With The Wind inspired kitchen towel which just screamed "KATIE" when I saw it. I'm so happy she loved everything!
And speaking of loving everything, let me brag about what she got me. Gilmore Girls inspired coasters, the cutest floral oven mitt, dino salt-n-pepper shakers, and the coolest Deathly Hallows (aka HP) pencils made from real pages of the books. So yeah, I'm feeling extra extra lucky and oh so grateful.
After we were done with our gift exchange Katie asked me if I wanted to grab lunch at Subway. I immediately said yes because I was having such a good time. I just wanted the day to keep going so lunch was the perfect way for us all to extend our time together. The girls asked to ride in my car over which was hilarious. I wish I could've recorded the whole conversation but that would have been unsafe so I didn't.
We finally said our goodbyes but at least we all got to go home with full hearts and some really cool shit.
2015 Deland Indie Market
2014 Deland Indie Market









































No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.