SATURDAY: Dustin and I planned on seeing Gone Girl to start out our day but since the earliest showing was at 11:05 (We love a 9 AM movie! We're like seriously old people.) we decided to grab breakfast first. We went to a little country establishment known as Cracker Barrel where I cleaned both of my plates of Apple Streusel French Toast, eggs, and bacon. Yeah that shit was the bomb. I have blogged of nothing but food so far but you know, that's the beauty of having your own blog. You can just ramble about the most mundane topics. Anyway, we saw Gone Girl with our super full stomachs. It was SO GOOD. It was just as batshit crazy as the book. I've got to say that it's the best book to movie ever - probably because the author wrote the script too. I can't even think of one thing that she left out. It was as close to the book as you can get. Also, Ben and Rosamund are amazing in it. Ahh, go see it! Well, read the book then see it. Actually it doesn't matter since they are basically one in the same.
SUNDAY: I met up with Katie and the girls in Downtown Deland around 11. We have had the Deland Indie Market on our calendars for months now. We've both wanted to go since they started having them about a year ago but for one reason or another neither of us had been. It was similar to the Big Bang Bazaar in that you just walk from table to table checking out each vendor - except this one was in a huge warehouse and wrapped around outside down the block. And yes, it was hot as hell. I typically stay away from all outdoor events when the weather report is 80+ degrees but I couldn't pass this little shindig up. The vendors were great. From vintage clothes to jewelry to hair accessories. I mean they had it all. But even more fun than that was getting to walk around with Katie and the girls. And speaking of the girls, I was super impressed with how well behaved they were. Not that they aren't usually but having to walk around in the heat with very little whining deserves a medal! As we walked around we stopped in a nearby shop that also sold alcoholic bevs. Half of the place was housewares and the other half was a bar which was pretty awesome. Katie ordered a sangria and I had a sip since it's the only alcoholic drink I actually like even though I never drink it. That thing was strong. By the time we walked over to Firehouse for lunch Katie was really feeling it. I was dying laughing when Aubrie said to her "Mom, your face is getting really red." HA! After lunch, Katie showed me around the rest of downtown and introduced me to all the little shops she frequents. She even bought me soaps which smell like a dream! There was a moment when we were in one of the shops that Kierce ran over to me, hugged my leg, and said "I love you Miss Ashley" and I just melted. Attention customers, clean up of melted Ashley on aisle 4! Katie is raising some seriously sweet girls. As we walked back to our cars we were pretty sweaty and gross but damn what a fun day! The sweat was totally worth it. A perfect Sunday spent with some of my faves.
























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.