My work girls and I had been planning our little outing for a good month or so. We had reservations at 7 at Hamburger Mary's. But first Alyssa, Nicole, and I headed over to Alyssa's to let Scoot out and change clothes. Scooter instantly fell in love with Nicole much to my and Alyssa's chagrin. What-ever.

We made it to HM's a few minutes before 7 and went ahead and got seated. As the clocked struck 7 the rest of our party arrived - Antonia, Jessica, and Chasity. It was officially time to get this party started. We all ordered drinks (well, not me) and food and were able to hang out and laugh without worrying about work. I have been to HM's before so I knew what to expect even though I hadn't been to a Flashback Friday show. The show, as always, was hilarious and my cheeks started to hurt from laughing so damn hard. The best was watching all of the other girls and their reactions to things. It was so nice to let loose.










Next we walked down Orange over to Frosty's Christmastime Lounge which I didn't even know existed. Now that certainly isn't saying much since I never go downtown. Other than going to shows at The Social, The Beacham, & Backbooth since I was 16, I was never a bar hopper or a club goer. I know that's probably hard for you to believe. I went downtown twice when I was 19. Once I went to Paris Hilton's night club (I feel embarrassed just typing the words out) and the other time I went to I-Bar. That's it. Honestly didn't have a great time at either. It just wasn't my scene.
So for me to go to a bar was kind of unheard of. The thing is I was with a lot of fun girls and none of us were ready for the night to be over so I just went with it. Also they promised me that this bar "snowed" so I needed to see it for myself. Being that it is mid December this bar was even cooler. The whole atmosphere was super cute and cozy with all the Christmas lights and decor. And yes, we were only there minutes before I got to see my first Frosty's snow. It was magical. The ladies got some more drinks and we hung out in the front. Then we moved the party in the back by the DJ. It was pretty empty (probably because it was still kind of early for the average party-er) so we just kind of took over. We danced and sang at the top of our lungs to the songs we knew and pretended we knew the songs we didn't. Once in awhile they throw in a Christmas song which was so on theme and made the night that much more fun. I have to say the whole time I was there I felt like I was in a rom-com. It just had that cutesy little atmosphere where a random down-in-the-dumps guy meets a quirky energetic girl and they just click. I can say without a doubt last Friday was one of my favorite nights of 2017. Thank you ladies for taking me out of my comfort zone even though it took me all weekend to recover AND I DIDN'T EVEN DRINK.




















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.