Thursday, December 14, 2017
Not In The Spirit
I don't know what it is but I am having such a hard time getting in the spirit of Christmas. I've decorated our house and by decorated I mean I put up the Christmas tree. I decorated my office at work AND just finished my door for our first ever Door Decorating Contest. Yesterday I wore a cute gingerbread scarf. I've bought presents and wrapped them. I listened to Christmas music for like 7 minutes. I went to a goddamn Christmas bar for crying out loud. AND WAS IN A PARADE.
What is my deal?
Honestly, I'm just stressed. It's a lot in a short period of time. There's a party or a gift or something every other day and it's hard to keep up. I feel emotionally, physically, and certainly financially drained. I don't remember past holiday seasons feeling like this or at least not this bad. I'm having fun but at what cost to my sanity? I mean, that's a tad dramatic but I'm an extroverted introvert. I need time by myself to really recharge or I start to feel completely overwhelmed. And I'm there.
Thankfully this week is the end of all the parties. But I still have gifts to buy which I am hoping I can finish this weekend. I definitely don't want to scramble the week of Christmas. I think that's another thing is I'm usually more prepared and organized and this year I feel anything but. I usually buy most things well in advance but it just didn't happen. The holidays felt so far in August and then BAM it was Halloween overnight. I don't know how people with kids do it. Oh man it exhausts me to even imagine it. All of the effort that goes behind creating a memorable holiday experience during their childhood; good grief you guys are troopers.
I'm not being a total Grinch though. I am trying. It's that whole fake it til you make it mentality. I'll probably be faking it up until Christmas day. Oh 2017, you have been such a mixed bag.
Labels:
christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.