Sunday, January 14, 2018

Currently

Focusing on: ME! I am self-caring real hard this new year. I have been to the gym every day except one so far this year (13/14) which I'm super proud of. I've been eating a lot healthier and I'm hating it. I'm not perfect in this by any stretch. The working out is no problem other than all the damn people signing up but the food that's the hardest. Dustin and I have been out to eat a couple times in the last two weeks. I've brought my lunch every single day this year which is saving money on top of being healthier. I don't want to completely go without things I enjoy I just want to try my best not to have them as often as I used to. So we shall see. I also started therapy. I just hadn't been feeling "right". I don't know how else to explain it. I haven't been sad or depressed but just not completely myself. Also some things have come up recently that I just wanted to nip in the bud emotionally if that makes sense. I've been to therapy multiple times in my life and each time it's been so helpful. As of right now I go every couple weeks but I don't think I'll need it for an extended period of time. I just find it so important to be as healthy as I can physically and mentally. So far so good!

Watching: 


I watched this show in a day. Each episode is only 20 minutes so it's pretty easy to breeze right on through. But I have to say it's not for everyone. I know people who got like 10 minutes in and were like NOPE and others, like me, who were like HELL YES. It's a show based on a graphic novel. It's dark. Like really dark but also has some truly funny moments. I felt for these characters because they had both been through so much and it makes you think why people are the way they are. 


Dustin and I had a little date night last Thursday to see The Shape of Water at the Enzian. It was fantastic even with the brutal cat scene. It was lovely to watch, like my eyes were just in awe the entire time but also the story is like none ever. It's so exciting that there is still creativity in a world full of reboots. It's so well done and deserves all the praise its been receiving. 

Excited about: So much! Upcoming birthdays of various friends. Having tomorrow off. Lana Del Ray with Katie. A chill AF January. Purchasing a record player. Making travel plans with Dust. The continued cold weather. 

Listening to: Accused per Pat's recommendation. It's a true crime podcast so right up my alley. I loved the first season so much but I'm having trouble getting into the second season. They focus on one unsolved murder each season and break it down in the hopes that new clues or information will come to light and help solve the cases. It's super interesting if you're into that kind of thing. 

Reading: 


I've never read anything by this author but she comes highly recommended. I've got to be honest though this book has yet to really grab me. It keeps moving and the pace is decent but the story hasn't gotten to the point where I get pissed to put it down. I hate when a book that is so highly received makes me excited to read it and then I'm just disappointed. I'm not even half way done so there is still hope. Fingers crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.