Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Currently

Watching:

Love on Netflix - I just finished the last episode a day ago and let me just say it took me awhile to actually love it. I started watching this show maybe 6 months ago but never made it past the first episode. Then Erin spoke very highly of it last month so I figured I'd give it another shot. It's a comedy but very dry which I'm down with but sometimes it was a little cringey. I love Gus (even though he's a huge push over) and I hate Mickey (but love Gillian Jacobs though!). They are such opposites and both do a lot of fucked up things in their life and in their relationship but I think that's what is endearing about it. If you're looking for that "perfect" romance... THIS IS NOT IT. I also love Mickey's friend Bertie and Gus's friend Kevin. There are other great characters but those two were the best of the supporting cast. Randy was THE WORST. I hated everything about that man. It takes a bit (or at least for me) to get into it but it's a good ride once you do and I love how the series ended (only 3 seasons). Sometimes an ending can make or break an entire show.


Everything, Everything on HBO - I meant to read the book. It was in my "to read" list for years but just never got around to it so when I saw it was on HBO I just went for it. I really enjoyed it although it was way too perfect. The love story, the conflict, and even the conflict resolution was all too wrapped in a bow yet still enjoyable if you're in the mood for a romance. 


Love, Simon in theaters - I HAVE read the book that inspired this movie which has a longer title of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda which I really enjoyed. The movie was just as good! It was light hearted but dealt with big issues in a real way which I think is why it was getting so much buzz. Also there are so many twists and turns you'll think you've figured it out along with Simon when nope, wrong again. I highly recommend seeing this one!



When We First Met on Netflix - Ok I've noticed a theme with my recent choices...love! I mean, I am a romantic so it makes sense but usually I spice it up a bit. Whatevs! This one is so cute and also has a little twist-a-roo! I love how original the concept is and the cast is great too. Dustin's girl Alexandra Daddario is such a beaut as always. 


Obsessed with: Mickey's style. Yeah the character I'm not too fond of on the TV show LOVE.  It's so casual (ME!) but also very put together (not always me). It's got a hint of vintage without being over the top. I am so obsessed with it I put together the following series of photos highlighting some of her best looks. 

Um, can we talk about these cute overalls she wears?! She also wears a white pair but I couldn't find any photos of them. Sometimes adults cannot pull off overalls and then there is her.

I know the picture quality is not great (I took most of these from my phone of the TV - ha!) but you get the gist. Simple, casual, put together. She is speaking my language.

I love the Air Jordan shirt she takes from Gus. It's a special scene when she first wears it and I totally noticed her wearing it again in the finale. So adorbs! Also, where can I get that Steelers shirt?! She wears the NY jacket several times and kills it. Sporty spicing it up!


Bruce Springsteen Tour '80 shirt! I never find anything that cool in thrift stores. Ok, that's a lie. One time I found a bad ass Nirvana tour shirt and still own it. But overall I don't get that lucky. And you know I love me a button up (all the way to the neck) blouse.


She definitely sticks to a lot of neutrals but spices them up with layering or textures. I know I'm talking about "her" like she's a real person and some wardrobe person didn't put all these together. Die mad about it!


I love the first two tops with the geometric pops of color! Then the jean skirt (I've loved me a jean skirt since I was a zygote) paired with the vintage Beach Boys tank! Ballin'! Lastly, that cheerleading uniform worn as a regular top is pure genius.


Bertie (her roommate and friend) can't be forgotten either because she's got some cute outfits too. 


Listening to: 

This whole damn album. All the damn time. I'm not into current country at all but I've always liked Kacey like I've always liked Miranda Lambert. I think it's that they write and play their music which makes them way more badass in my book. I would randomly hear a song or two of theirs on the radio and buy the single. But everyone was raving so much about this album as a whole that I gave it a shot via my free Spotify account (I ain't paying for it) and I, too, loved it so I decided to support her and buy the album on iTunes. It's been on heavy repeat every since. My current favorites are High Horse and Space Cowboy


Reading: Milk and Honey / The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur. My friend Lauren let me borrow these two books and I devoured them within a couple days. They are already a quick read because they are one page and sometimes only two line poems. I hope every woman out there reads these books whether you're a "reader" or not. They are so therapeutic, so relatable, and so thought-provoking. She writes about parental issues, romance, heart-break, feminism, the works - and it's all so beautifully done. I've already gifted it twice and know I will continue until everyone in my friend group has a copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.