Nicole and Nick 's wedding came together in a month's time which you would never even know based on the photos below. Not only did they not have a lot of time to plan and get all of the details in order but they wanted to keep it small which meant we wouldn't be able to go. Dustin and I had a backyard wedding so I completely understood. Hell, even if we hadn't had a small wedding ourselves I would have understood because it's their day and they can invite whomever they choose. But then about a week or two before the big day Nicole texted us and told us they had worked it out where we could come. We were all thrilled!
Their wedding took place on Sunday, March 18, 2018. The ceremony was held in the beautiful backyard of, I believe, Nick's uncle. It immediately brought back so many memories of my own wedding with the white chairs on the lawn and the lake in the background. It really was the perfect backdrop. It was gorgeous outside minus the heat. It was a very warm spring day that is for sure but they provided the cutest little fans along with their equally cute programs . Christy, Alyssa, and I huddled under the tent until it was show time to minimize the sweat and sun exposure.
They had a no phone/electronic ceremony. As much as I love to capture moments in photographic or video form I really like being in the moment and this was a great reminder to just be there and enjoy it all as it happens. Nicole's sister performed the ceremony and did an incredible job. It must have been so hard for her to keep it together while watching her little sister get married. Both of their vows were so heartfelt and beautiful. I shed some tears. I'm a hopeless romantic. It brings me such joy seeing others in love especially when they are friends of mine. These two are the real deal. Christy describes them as two magnets because the minute they are near each other they are automatically drawn to one another and have to touch in some way. You can see it in the way they talk about each other. Love is a wonderful reminder that not everything in this world is terrible and even more that it's important to keep fighting for what is right.
After the ceremony we drove to an art gallery for cocktail hour. It was a really cool gallery and right up Nicole's alley since she is an art major. I don't drink but I did enjoy the cheese and fruit. The best part was watching Christy try to put the grapes on her plate because they kept rolling all over the place. Ha! After we snacked we walked over to the reception location: The Smiling Bison where Lorna was busy setting up the cake/cupcakes. You know Lorna loves you when she closed her cupcake business and STILL makes them for you for your wedding! It took all my willpower to not sneak one right from the start but I didn't want to be a bad wedding guest so I held back.
The four of us were the only ones in the restaurant for a little while so we just found our names and took a seat. The staff got us some drinks and we just talked and giggled. I also gave them all their "goodbye gifts" which just consisted of some printed photos, a personalized note, and a couple CDs. More than any of that though the biggest hit were the custom construction paper faces I made to look like all of them. They were time consuming but if there is something I do have right now it's time.
Other wedding guests started to shuffle in and then the bride and groom made their grand entrance. Nicole came over to say hi and I've never seen her so happy. We all took our pictures with her and let her make her rounds. The food started to come out and we were all up on it. Everything from the fried chicken to the mac and cheese to the baby burgers to the biscuits! Ahh! I couldn't get everything in my mouth fast enough. (I just heard Michael Scott say "That's what she said." in my head.)
We mingled with the others at our table and had quite the succulent incident which kept us cracking up most of the night. Nick gave a heart warming speech thanking everyone for helping and coming to celebrate with them. They had their first dance which made me cry. Again. Thanks a lot guys. We got jiggy with it on the dance floor for a couple songs before calling it a night.
I loved being back with my girls. I miss them and think of them every single day.
To the lovely couple, I wish you guys a lifetime of love and laughs.
And you bet your ass I took a cupcake on my way out. (Nicole said I could!)
They had a no phone/electronic ceremony. As much as I love to capture moments in photographic or video form I really like being in the moment and this was a great reminder to just be there and enjoy it all as it happens. Nicole's sister performed the ceremony and did an incredible job. It must have been so hard for her to keep it together while watching her little sister get married. Both of their vows were so heartfelt and beautiful. I shed some tears. I'm a hopeless romantic. It brings me such joy seeing others in love especially when they are friends of mine. These two are the real deal. Christy describes them as two magnets because the minute they are near each other they are automatically drawn to one another and have to touch in some way. You can see it in the way they talk about each other. Love is a wonderful reminder that not everything in this world is terrible and even more that it's important to keep fighting for what is right.
After the ceremony we drove to an art gallery for cocktail hour. It was a really cool gallery and right up Nicole's alley since she is an art major. I don't drink but I did enjoy the cheese and fruit. The best part was watching Christy try to put the grapes on her plate because they kept rolling all over the place. Ha! After we snacked we walked over to the reception location: The Smiling Bison where Lorna was busy setting up the cake/cupcakes. You know Lorna loves you when she closed her cupcake business and STILL makes them for you for your wedding! It took all my willpower to not sneak one right from the start but I didn't want to be a bad wedding guest so I held back.
The four of us were the only ones in the restaurant for a little while so we just found our names and took a seat. The staff got us some drinks and we just talked and giggled. I also gave them all their "goodbye gifts" which just consisted of some printed photos, a personalized note, and a couple CDs. More than any of that though the biggest hit were the custom construction paper faces I made to look like all of them. They were time consuming but if there is something I do have right now it's time.
Other wedding guests started to shuffle in and then the bride and groom made their grand entrance. Nicole came over to say hi and I've never seen her so happy. We all took our pictures with her and let her make her rounds. The food started to come out and we were all up on it. Everything from the fried chicken to the mac and cheese to the baby burgers to the biscuits! Ahh! I couldn't get everything in my mouth fast enough. (I just heard Michael Scott say "That's what she said." in my head.)
We mingled with the others at our table and had quite the succulent incident which kept us cracking up most of the night. Nick gave a heart warming speech thanking everyone for helping and coming to celebrate with them. They had their first dance which made me cry. Again. Thanks a lot guys. We got jiggy with it on the dance floor for a couple songs before calling it a night.
I loved being back with my girls. I miss them and think of them every single day.
To the lovely couple, I wish you guys a lifetime of love and laughs.
And you bet your ass I took a cupcake on my way out. (Nicole said I could!)





































No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.