Thursday, May 10, 2018

Tortuga Game: Cinco de Mayo

About a month ago Dustin just randomly looked at me and said "I want to go to a Tortuga game with Tommy and Katie." The last time we went was THREE years ago! Time keeps on slipping slipping into the future... I wasn't even going to ask them because I know her month is CAH-RAZY but I did on the off chance they might be able to squeeze us in. Much to my delight Katie and Tommy were on board and so on board that they bought tickets for the four of us immediately for Cinco de Mayo. Katie wanted to wear a taco shirt so bad but of course the week prior to the game they were no where to be found. But at least she got herself some tacos (albeit one was on the wonky side) and a couple really strong margaritas. I enjoyed the world's largest corn dog. I feel like it was pushing Guinness size records. I couldn't stop laughing while I walked around with it because it was just so ridiculous. 

The game was so fun and the weather was surprisingly breezy. There were people in the stands with jackets on. It was 73 (aka nice) not 40 and this is coming from a Floridian. It was like the outside was air conditioned which was perfect. There were a couple really fun and exciting plays. During the middle of the game I leaned over to Dustin and said "That number 88 is really small!" in which Dustin replied "You mean the kid with BB on his Jersey? That's the bat boy." We both started cracking up and then we told Katie and Tommy because I feel like everyone should be witness to my hilarious ignorance also if you can't laugh at yourself then what's the point? Palm to face. Whoops. The Tortuga's won and we got to enjoy the fireworks as we walked to our cars.

We were not ready for the night to end so we met up at the new Jeremiah's in Daytona. Have you been to One Daytona (new plaza across from the Speedway)? It's got a ton of food and some shopping and it's just got a super cool vibe. It's like a smaller City Walk/Disney Springs but with way less crowds and you always can find parking. The City of Daytona is really killing it in the planning department because between this and all the rave reviews from the Tanger Outlets it's becoming a place people actually want to go (other than bikers, spring breakers, Nascar people, and northerners who don't realize it's the shittiest beach in Florida). Get it Daytona! Okuuurr. 

But yeah we waited in a very long Jeremiah's line (WORTH. IT.) and sat next to the fire feature out back and enjoyed our gelatis while cracking up over all kinds of things but what really sticks out is Elizabeth Berkley. Ha! Then we moved to the parking lot where we were going to say goodbye but kept talking for another hour because when you're having a good time with friends you want it to last for as long as possible. We didn't get home until after midnight which is like a rare occurrence in the Maff house but totally worth more Zinz quality time. 


IMG_4393 IMG_4395 IMG_4396

IMG_4416

IMG_4408

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.