From there we drove in a monsoon (I swear it always pours when we hang out) to The Glass Knife. We were one of the very lucky couples to snag the coveted black booth. That booth makes me feel VIP as fuck. We both got the chicken pot pie (Keto who?) and dessert. I got the orange cake which was basically an orange creamsicle in cake form times a million. It was to die for.
Then it was off to Amway to see Katie's girl Flo. Katie is an OG fan. She's loved her (like LOVED her) since the very beginning. I remember hearing Dog Days Are Over for the first time and liking it but that's where it ended for me - at least until a few years ago. Then Katie hyped Flo up so much I gave her a proper listen. Then, I too, was all about her. And after seeing her live I am officially a true fan.
Grace Vanderwaal (winner of America's Got Talent) opened the show. Girl is fifteen and killed it. She had such a presence while performing and her strong, raspy voice was so captivating. She played her uke, danced barefoot while she sang every song, and looked fierce as hell in a funky cute 70s inspired dress with lots of different bold patterns. Also can we talk about her short little bob with two long braids in the front?! Like I would have never thought to do something like that but I totally love it. She rocks it. I enjoyed her before I saw her live but now I'm all in - following her on Instagram and ready to buy her next single when it drops in a couple weeks.
With each song Flo ran and danced and rocked the fuck out. Her music isn't necessarily the genre you'd associate with rocking out but believe me when she does and she makes you as a fan want to do the same. She has wind machines on the stage that always blew her hair and see-through dress just so making for an even more dramatic performance.
In between songs she once told everyone to put their phones away and hug the person next to them. She spoke about the ACLU being on tour with her and how "heartbroken she is for American women". She was given a Pride flag by those at the front of the stage and proudly held it in the air before dancing around with it for the rest of her You've Got The Love performance. She was incredible the entire time. I'm so glad I got to experience it with Katie.
Orlando Weekly wrote a lovely article about that night as well.
Grace Vanderwaal (winner of America's Got Talent) opened the show. Girl is fifteen and killed it. She had such a presence while performing and her strong, raspy voice was so captivating. She played her uke, danced barefoot while she sang every song, and looked fierce as hell in a funky cute 70s inspired dress with lots of different bold patterns. Also can we talk about her short little bob with two long braids in the front?! Like I would have never thought to do something like that but I totally love it. She rocks it. I enjoyed her before I saw her live but now I'm all in - following her on Instagram and ready to buy her next single when it drops in a couple weeks.
Florence or Flo as I endearingly like to refer to her was mesmerizing from the second she ran barefooted on to the stage. She and Grace really compliment each other in that each one comes across as a little shy and soft spoken when talking to the crowd but the minute they start to sing these powerful voices come roaring out.
With each song Flo ran and danced and rocked the fuck out. Her music isn't necessarily the genre you'd associate with rocking out but believe me when she does and she makes you as a fan want to do the same. She has wind machines on the stage that always blew her hair and see-through dress just so making for an even more dramatic performance.
In between songs she once told everyone to put their phones away and hug the person next to them. She spoke about the ACLU being on tour with her and how "heartbroken she is for American women". She was given a Pride flag by those at the front of the stage and proudly held it in the air before dancing around with it for the rest of her You've Got The Love performance. She was incredible the entire time. I'm so glad I got to experience it with Katie.
Orlando Weekly wrote a lovely article about that night as well.















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.