Monday, January 28, 2013

Birthdays Galore!

FRIDAY: We were super short staffed (and Erin was leaving early) so my work bought us all lunch! It was the first time we (Erin and I) had Tropical Smoothie. It's delish! I got a turkey wrap and a strawberry, banana, pineapple smoothie. Seriously so good. I love when you try some place new and it turns out to be really good. Winning.

Untitled 

 I went packing crazy. Turned up some music and just went to town! I am pretty much all done. The only thing left is little things like my desk drawers and the magnets/photos on our fridge. Also, all the stuff that we need to keep out to live here for the next 5 days. I feel a huge relief! Now I just want to get to moving.

SATURDAY:  I met up with Erin for a stroll around Lake Eola. She brought Charlie along and he was just so excited to be out and about. People stopped us left and right and commented on how unique and adorable he looks. It was fun. Plus the weather was gorgeous. It was a little chilly but the sun was out. It's times like that where I am so grateful to be a Floridian. To still be living in FL. I don't care what anyone says, it's the best. 

We then walked over to Panera and got some breakfast. We grabbed a table outside and just sat, ate, and people watched while Charlie barked here and there at other dogs. I gave Erin her birthday present because I couldn't wait any longer. The bag had been on my dining room table ready to go for the past 2 wks. I was so anxious! I was so happy that she loved everything. And then she gave me something. Yeah, she gave me a gift ON HER BIRTHDAY. She's cray. Ha! I haven't taken a picture of it yet but it's some art to hang in my office. So perfect!

Untitled

Untitled Untitled

We parted ways and I made my way back home. I did some more packing and sorting and what not. Dustin kept telling me I needed to do something fun. So I stopped here and there to watch TV or go on the computer. But when I get in the mood I can't be bothered. I was just in the packing zone.

Dustin and I got ready to meet up with Erin and her friends for her birthday dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. That place is always packed (which is why Dustin and I always go at 1PM). We waited at the bar for about 30 minutes before we were finally seated. We had such a good time. Everyone was taking photos, laughing, and of course enjoying good food. We didn't have the best waiter (our drinks were empty for awhile and he forgot about Dustin's ranch) so I went up to another waiter and said something. I was nice about it and thankfully he was too. He stepped right up to the plate and took care of everything for us. (Thank you waiter with glasses! You were the bomb. Diggity!) While I was talking to him I mentioned that it was Erin's birthday. I know she doesn't like a bunch of attention on her but everyone should feel special on their birthday. Duh! So they ended up coming out in song with some ice cream.

Happy Birthday Boo! Hope you had a great time.

Untitled

IMG_7452

IMG_7466

IMG_7459

IMG_7454

IMG_7461

SUNDAY: I woke up early (as per usual) and channel surfed for awhile. Ate breakfast. Woke up Dustin! (Hey, he asked me to not let him sleep late. Just being a good wife!) Then I FaceTimed Rachelle so Dustin and I could wish her a Happy Birthday (and say hi to Cinnamon too!). It's way more personal than posting on someone's FB wall. And like I have already said, everyone deserves to feel special on their birthday. Everyone should go out of their way to make you feel loved and appreciated.  Happy Birthday! (Remember I'll always be older than you!)

I can't wait for her and Matt to come visit soon after our move!

Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.