Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Frazzled

I feel like I've been neglecting my blog a little bit this year, but truth is I just feel like I don't have anything worth writing about. I feel like I either don't have anything to say or what I do have to say is better kept under lock and key in the old dungeons of LiveJournal. Dustin even said to me today (in a very disappointed tone), "I checked your blog today and there was nothing new to read." So here I am, just rambling on. Typing the first thing that comes to mind.

This week has been a blur. I've been running around training at work. And I've been using my lunch break to call about moving trucks and transferring services. Then at night I've been crafting (shh! it's a surprise.) I don't mind any of it but it's left me a little frazzled by days end. I've been relaxing in bed with my Kindle. I'll read and then I'll watch something on Netflix and then I'll go back to reading. Nifty little thing that Kindle. It's been my "wine" after a long hard day. My fave way to unwind. 

Today I received flowers at work. I first thought it was a mistake. Me? Flowers? No... Turns out one of the venders I deal with sent them to me as a going away kind of thing. It was the sweetest gesture ever. I mean, I've never even met them! They are out of state. How unbelievably thoughtful. I just can't get over it. One of my co-workers said "That really says a lot about you". It makes me incredibly happy. 

I attended my last Party Planning Committee meeting today too. It was hard to just kind of sit and be quiet. I gave up my right to have an opinion on anything when I decided to leave. I know that. But some of my favorite moments were spent in those meetings or doing something PPC related. I remember when Jennifer volunteered me to join about 6 months into working there. I was a little reluctant at first but I quickly realized that it was a great way to be creative in a not so creative industry. It was one of my favorite things about my job. I've already joked that they need to FaceTime me during all meetings. Seriously though.

It's starting to really feel real that I'm leaving. Only two days left. TWO DAYS. Wahh. I know that I'm making the right/best decision but it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye to all of my lovely co-workers. They are such a good group. I haven't taken any personal items home yet. The photos of Dustin and I are still up next to "my monitor". My tissue box is still in it's spot. I don't think I'll be able to do that until the very end.

I'm looking forward to Food Truckin' with everyone after work Friday. Cupcakes are on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.