We woke up early and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Anyone else see the 'Kinky Boots' number? We've come a long way America! It definitely caught me off guard but I totally like the message they were trying to get across of being true to yourself. I still found it weird that it was a part of the parade. It just seemed completely out of place.
Dustin called his grandparents and as always it was a really entertaining conversation. They are so cute and funny I can hardly stand it. Before I even had a chance to call my brother, he called me. My sixteen year old brother called me first to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving! That made me so happy.
Later on, we moved to watching the 2013 National Dog Show which was really neat to watch. I loved seeing all the different kinds of dogs and rooting my favorites. I was so excited when a standard schnauzer won the Working category. But in the end a foxhound won Best in Show. They are all winners to me! So cute!
After the dog show, we started making linner (late lunch, early dinner). I made green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole while Dustin was on steak and mac-n-cheese duty. We had tipped the A-1 sauce bottle over because there was only a little bit left. But when we went to finally pour it out the whole thing exploded all over ME! Of course. Sigh. So I immediately put my sweatshirt in the wash while Dustin cleaned up the floor. Then we sat down to eat around 3PM. We actually sat at our table which hardly ever happens. I had Brand New playing on my computer in the background and Dustin and I had a really nice meal together. We definitely took our time and savored each bite. I ate everything on my plate.
We spent the rest of the afternoon watching football, reading Harry Potter, and just lounging around. Erin came over that evening and brought vanilla ice cream to top off our apple pie. We all had a bowl while introducing Erin to Cards Against Humanity. I feel like you can really weed out some people with that game. Ha! Erin passed the test as I knew she would.
We ended the holiday with a Steelers loss. Womp womp. Oh Steelers, what are we going to do with you?! Oh well, it is what it is. The day wasn't what I had planned but I'm learning to just roll with the punches and enjoy what I've got. I would have loved spending more time with my family but I still had a great time at home. And that's all I can really ask for. I've noticed that it's always the little things that I'm most thankful for. The every day.
Miranda texted us a photo of her and Cash. So Dustin and I recreated it. Dustin is playing the role of Cash.
Obviously.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.