Thor: The Dark World (Why is every super hero movie have the word "dark" in it?! Dumb.) was everything I hoped it would be and more. There were lots of Asgard scenes, maybe even more so than Earth. The humor was spot on, just like in the first movie. It wasn't over the top stupid like the humor in Transformers, thankfully! That Darcy! Oh and there was a pretty great cameo too! There were a few really sad moments that I totally shed a tear over. I'd like to go more in detail but I will keep this spoil free. I love Thor (Chris Hemsworth) BUT my heart really beats for Loki (Tom Hiddleston). He is hands down my favorite villain. He is so deliciously evil but also very charming. HOW DOES HE DO IT?! It remains a mystery. Team Loki!
Then we went to see About Time which was (you guessed it) about time. And so much more. It's very much a love story but not in the typical sense. Duh, he time travels! I loved how even the simplest moments made me all warm and fuzzy. I loved the relationship Tim (aka Bill fucking Weasley!) had with his father (and his entire family). Dare I say I have a little bit of a ginger crush... Dustin and I walked out of there both saying to one another we'd have a kid in a second "if there was a guarantee THAT's how it would be" but then we both sighed. Wishful thinking. Even though I will never have that relationship with my parents or with my own never-going-to-exist child, I still like to see it played out on screen. I take it in and it makes me happy. Good for them. Good for the real families that are actually like that. You are a rare breed. Every time I see London and the English countryside/ocean I immediately want to move there. Everything about England seems a million times better than the states. So much charm! So much awesome. This movie was brilliantly done. I can't wait to buy this sucker on DVD and watch it a million times.
The last time Dustin and I had a double feature day was back in the Summer of 2009. We went to see District 9 in the morning, ate lunch at Chili's (in Ormond), and then saw The Time Traveler's Wife (also starring Rachel McAdams, also about time travel! Ha). I even went back into the depths of my LiveJournal to read about that day. Memories!
Since we saw two movies, we saw TONS of movie previews. Here are the ones I want to see!
X-Men: Days of Future Past - DUH! This looks epic.
Winter's Tale - After seeing the preview, I came home and bought the book on my Kindle.
Diana - I've always loved the Royals and who didn't love Princess Diana?
Captain America - The Winter Soldier - The Cap is back.
That Awkward Moment - Looks like a cute romcom.
Endless Love - At first I thought it looked cheesy but by the end of the trailer I wanted to see it.
Romeo & Juliet - Me and the damn romances, geesh! I've seen the 1960s R&J and liked it. I've seen the 1990s R&J and LOVED it. Still love it to this day. I'm pretty weary of another remake but I'll give it a chance.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Katniss is about to fuck some shit up!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.