Saturday, April 12, 2014

Currently

Reading: Life Interrupted by Kristen Kehoe (which is only $2.99 on Kindle right now) I'm only 20% in but I'm loving this book. I didn't realize when I bought it that it was about a teen mom. I guess the cover should have tipped me off but it didn't. I don't know if people know but my eyesight isn't the greatest. Ha! Anyway, I'm glad I didn't know in advance because I might not have started reading it thinking it would be Teen Mom in book form. It is not even close. It's funny, honest, and just really entertaining.

Listening to: Taking Back Sunday's Happiness Is... I was excited to hear TBS was coming out with a new CD and then Pandora let me listen to the whole thing on a loop weeks before it was released. I loved it so much I bought it the day it came out on iTunes about a month ago. It's real good. It's old school TBS good. It's catchy and rocking and the lyrics are perfection. I would  have loved to see them at HOB (with The Used) but it sold out. Oh well, next time boys!

I really love the entire CD but here are a couple of my favorite songs.


when you took that ring off
balled it in your fist
your eyes like a smoking gun
surprised at what you did
you said "You're not coming in, 
my parents are home, 
so is my kid"
when you took that ring off
I sat there stunned
parked out in my car
surprised by what you'd done


if you should change your name
i'll love you just the sameand if you should run away
i would save your place
so you can go, go, go 
if you want to
i wouldn't try and stop you
i couldn't say i blame you

flicker flicker fade
destroy what you create
and wonder why it always ends the same

Loving: My new(ish) eyelash curler! I hate the metal eyelash curlers. I always have therefore I rarely use the one I own. I was in the mall right before we left on our trip and I texted Sam about plastic ones. She is like my makeup guru. She of course had lots of suggestions and information. I finally went with the Sonia Kashuk one from Target for $9.99. Not only is it plastic but it also folds up which is perfect to throw in your makeup bag or purse. I used it every day of our trip and pretty much every weekend since I got it.

Watching: The Americans! I was interested in this show from the get go strictly because my girl Keri Russell stars but I never watched it. Of course I heard so many good things about it once the first season was already over. My friend Nicole confirmed all the good reviews. I couldn't find it anywhere until it was finally out on Amazon Prime. (Side Note: As an early birthday present I gifted Amazon Prime to Dustin. He's always wanted it but it's one of those things you never want to pay for yourself so I went ahead and got it for him days before they upped their price.) So the other weekend we started watching it. We're 5 episodes in and loving it. Russian spies! In America! With kids! Wigs! Pretty neat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.