Dustin and I BOTH got gym memberships the Monday after his birthday. That weekend we went crazy in the food department and we don't regret it one bit. But we decided that it was time to get on track. So for almost a month now we've been going to the gym 3-4 days a week each. Dustin usually goes right after work since all he has to do is change his pants and go. I have to run home, change everything, then head out. It's not too fun but I'm doing it! We typically pass each other on the road and wave. Ha! We've only worked out together once which was my favorite because I like having him around.
I give Dustin 100% credit for being the leader of this little work out team we have going. It was his idea to get a gym membership and his idea to eat healthier. I'm not sure exactly what brought this all on but I think our bud Fiddy had a pretty big influence. I don't care the reason. I was on board from the start. If you remember I had a gym membership that I canceled last fall. I had lost motivation and wanted to cut back financially. But now I have a cheaper option and the motivation is a million times what it was. I find working out and eating healthy is so much easier when the person/people you live with are doing the same thing.
We are not on some crazy strict diet. We've just cut out a lot of crap and added a ton more water. I already drink a lot of water but now I drink mostly water. I barely drink juice or soda anymore (which SUCKS). I mean, I still do but it's only here and there rather than every day. We don't eat fast food. We haven't been big into fast food in the past couple years anyway. Sure, we'd go once in awhile but not like we use to. And when I say fast food, I'm talking anything with a drive-thru. We definitely have more standards for food now that we're older. But now that we're doing this eating healthy thing, we do allow ourselves one cheat meal a week which we usually enjoy on Saturday. And let me just say, we look forward to that meal something terrible! Because if I'm being honest, eating healthy sucks taste-wise. Yes, it's good for your health but boring for your taste buds. A salad just doesn't satisfy the way a cheeseburger does. And it never will. I think the key is to just eat more good than bad. To cut out everything you love is just going to backfire. I know it has for me when I've tried in the past.
At our last weigh in Dustin was down 10 lbs and I was down 4 lbs. I've got to say that seeing the scale change for the better is a huge motivation to keep on keeping on. As much as I hate working out, I always feel much better after I do. I'm sure we'll veer off here or there but it's no reason to completely give up. We are doing this!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.