Brand New
Last week I saw Brand New tweet out that they would have pre-sale tickets on sale for three different Florida shows. One of those Florida shows was for the HOB in Orlando. I immediately texted Dustin and he and I were both really excited. I went on the appropriate website for pre-sale tickets but it wasn't working and I was unable to get tickets. I was bummed but I knew I'd have another chance two days later when the tickets went on sale to the public. I logged on to the website 10 minutes in advance. As soon as the clock struck 12, I pounced. Again, the website kept messing up. It wouldn't let me select a quantity no matter how hard I tried. And I tried for almost my entire lunch break. No luck. Then Dustin thought to go on Stub Hub where he found TONS of tickets for $109+ thanks to asshole scalpers. I knew the show would sell out fast. I mean, I can't remember the last time they were in Florida especially Orlando. But in 10 seconds? No way. Scalpers really fucked over a lot of actual fans and it pisses me off. Brand New is one of a couple bands I've never seen live that I have been dying to see. It looks like I may never get that chance because I'm certainly not paying over a hundred dollars when the original price was $28 plus services fees. No fucking way. I was furious the day this happened. Livid! And Dustin was too. We both tweeted at Brand New and HOB several times. It obviously didn't change anything but at least we got to let off steam. I'm still annoyed by the situation but my anger is gone. I did everything within my power to get those tickets and still didn't succeed. Oh well. Such is life.
Cavities
Yesterday I went to the dentist to get four cavities filled. (Yeah, my teeth suck!) I've had countless cavities filled over the years and have never had any problems other than the fact I hate the needle aspect of novocain.
When I sat down in the chair and the dental assistant was going over my plan of treatment with me she asked me several times if I was sure I wanted to do all four cavities at the same time. Since two were on the right side and two were on the left side, the majority of my mouth would be numb. She also warned that I would have no control over my tongue. This all of course freaked me out but I agreed to it because I had to get them done in one go for various reasons. The dentist was very nice and calming and smelled great. I've always had male dentists and they never smelled like anything. But my new female dentist was wearing just enough perfume! Unnecessary details. Anyway, when she came at me with the needle I tensed up but remembered to just keep breathing through it. Most doctors assume that anyone with tattoos are fine with needles but that is very untrue. The needles are completely different for one thing and not only that but one I'm getting because I WANT to, the other I'm only doing because I HAVE to. Again, I'm getting sidetracked. She got through the novocain on both sides of my mouth and sat me up to wait for it to kick in. I was shaking from anxiety so I decided to text Dustin to help me get my mind off of it all. That of course helped me to calm down. The hard part was over...so I thought. My dentist starts working on the right side but while doing so hooks some weird contraption in my mouth. Side note: I just looked on google for 5 minutes for a picture to no avail. The device was metal and it felt and looked like she was screwing it onto my teeth. Part of it was sticking out of my mouth. Internally I was freaking out. WHAT IS GOING ON? So I politely raised my hand and she stopped so I could ask what the device was for. She said it's only used for cavities that are in between teeth. Whew. That eased my mind a lot. So this was totally normal and I wasn't going to end up in a horrible Saw movie. Awesome. The next issue came when she was trying to remove it and dropped the pliers on my chin. Thankfully the handle was coated in rubber so it didn't really hurt. But it sure as hell surprised me causing me to jump. She moved onto my other side and near the end her dental assistant accidentally sprayed water down my throat causing me to choke. I immediately flung my body upright and coughed for a little while. Ugh! And then to top off my visit from hell it ended up costing $50 more than originally quoted. I questioned it but I was too drained to argue. Just take my money and let me go home! Unfortunately, my misery didn't exactly get any better once I got home. It was taking forever for the novocain to wear off. Dustin thought it was hilarious that I couldn't shut my mouth straight. He even made a video of it which I'm not exactly eager to post. Maybe I'll include it in my end of the year recap video. Ha! The numbness made it difficult to eat dinner but finally went away just as I was finishing. Hallelujah! But once I could feel everything again I noticed my bite was off on my left side. UGH!! AND THEN I was unable to floss between my teeth on the right side. It would shred my floss! Can I get a break or what?! No, I can't because on top of all of that my jaw is still sore from having my mouth open for an hour and a half yesterday. The good news is they are fixing my bite/floss issue on Monday so it's not a huge deal. Annoying yes, but it's getting worked out. I just needed to get out my frustration in blog form and now that I have I feel much better.
Free Weights
I've been going to a gym off and on for over a year now. I feel very comfortable on all the machines. I, however, do not feel comfortable using the free weights. I use them at home all of the time. I work from YouTube videos and Pinterest fitness posts. I just feel super self conscious doing my little free weight routine in front of other people. I feel like they are all just staring at me just waiting to tell me I'm doing something wrong. I told Dustin of this really stupid fear and he gave me a little pep talk. I knew I was being silly but his talk helped me overcome my fear. So the other day after my elliptical cardio workout I went over to those weights. I picked up two 5 pounders and did some dead lifts, squats, etc. It was totally fine as soon as I stopped caring what other people thought about me, assuming they even noticed I was there, which I doubt they did. I know it's a seemingly small thing but it really made me so proud of myself. Small victories!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.