After I got out of work I headed over to Blue Bonnet Clothing & Gifts, a consignment shop owned by an old high school friend of mine. We've followed each other on social media for years and years but I'm fairly certain we hadn't seen each other in person in a decade. I saw all of her postings about her new shop and thought it was fantastic. I wanted to go in for her grand opening last month but for whatever reason wasn't able to. So I told her I'd swing by after work and drop off some clothes of mine, check out her new space and of course catch up. It was so good seeing Kelly. It seriously was like no time had passed. Suddenly we were being transported back to first period Interior Design II. It's weird/fun/awesome catching up after so much time. I have a "new" last name. She has a store. It's crazy how much can happen in a decade. Blue Bonnet is the coolest! I don't know of any place like it in Orlando. It's way more personable than Plato's Closet and much less intimidating than Dechoe's. I love how everything is arranged and decorated. It's inviting and fresh. I saw a few items I wanted but I was trying to be good. For now I'm just trying to lessen my closet not fill it back up. It was hard to stay strong though because I saw a few things I wanted. I'll be back to spend money for sure! I also love that she brings her new pup, Elaine, to work with her. She just laid on the rug and chewed her toys or would look out the door with her nose pressed against the glass. So cute! I had a lot of fun chatting and walking around. If you're local, make sure and drop by and say hi sometime.
From there I inched my way through traffic until I finally arrived at Target where I went to buy my brother his birthday present. Yeah, his birthday was Friday and he turned 17. SEVENTEEN. What the hell is that?
Before heading home, I dropped by the Food Truck Bazaar for some Yum Yum Cupcakes. Dustin and I missed them last month so we were jonesing. We devoured them the second I walked through the front door. The lemonata is out of this world. Mmm!
Pens lost. Womp womp.
SATURDAY: We got up early to get Dustin's car checked out. Thankfully our neighbor was nice enough to let us borrow his jumper cables and we were able to jump Dustin's car. Since we had no clue what was wrong with it I followed him in my car just in case. We got the manager at Advanced Auto to run a diagnostic test and just as we suspected, he needed a new battery. The guy switched out the old with the new and we were on our way. We were so happy it wasn't something more serious. Whew. Silver lining number two.
We had a lovely lunch at Red Lobster (even though it made me sick). And then once we got home I suggested we watch Captain Phillips (finally!) in bed. It was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon - cuddled up with Dustin and Tom Hanks.
SUNDAY: Pens lost again. Now it's on to game seven. One more chance. Silver lining number three.
MONDAY: I was laying on the couch watching Mad Men before work just minding my own business when I heard a really loud noise. Our ice machine is loud but I knew this was something different. I was too freaked out to check it out by myself so I ran in our bedroom and woke up Dustin. Of course he was out of it but he got up and followed me to our kitchen. Water was gushing out from under our sink. Dustin opened the cabinet doors and the water just started spraying everywhere. All over the floor. All over his face. EVERYWHERE. The pressure was so intense that within 45 seconds the entire kitchen was under an inch of water. Dustin was able to stop the geyser under our sink. Well, mostly. There was still a pretty decent leak though. This time it was only dripping and not spraying...so a small victory. I grabbed a bucket and put it under the leak. And then I grabbed every towel we own and started throwing them on the water. It took forever to soak it all up. FOR-EVER. The leak was filling up the bucket fairly quickly so I made sure to empty it before I left for work. Thankfully I was able to get a hold of the plumber and he met Dustin at our house this morning. It took him pretty much the remainder of the day to fix the leak under the kitchen sink, purchase and install a new faucet and then fix a leak under the sink in our guest bathroom. Yeah the pressure apparently built up so much that leaks were sprouting all over the damn house. The poor plumber! Poor Dustin! What a day! I'm just so thankful that we were home and awake when it happened. Had we been out of the house or even asleep it would have flooded our entire house and we would have lost all of our furniture. We were just in Pittsburgh for 5 days!! Pretty scary! But we were here and we worked to contain it so there was no damage. Silver lining number four.
If you're looking for me this week I'll be washing towels non-stop.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.