Monday, August 8, 2016

The Best Worst Beach Day

I haven't been to the beach all year. That's right, sometimes us Floridians just have no interest in the blistering sun, salt water in our eyes, and sand all up in our cracks. Actually the last time I was at the beach was about a year ago. Katie's like me in the fact that she and I are not beach people. We are the types that enjoy one or two beach days a year and then we're good to go. 

So a few weeks ago I asked her if she and the girls wanted to check one of our two beach days off. I drove to her house and then the two of us took a scenic back road to good ol' Palm Coast. It was just the two of us since we had to pick up the girls from her mother-in-law's house. We girl talked, sipped on some iced coffees, and made a short pit stop to see a camel. Humpy is a camel that lives on some farm along the road to Palm Coast. I had no idea of his existence until she told me about him. He was pretty damn big and well, humpy. 

As we pulled into the driveway to pick up the girls the dark clouds passed over head. We were a tad concerned but we headed to the beach nonetheless. We got all set up with our towels, chairs and umbrella. We took some obligatory selfies as you do. We want to prove to everyone that we've been to the beach once this year and we're proud of it! It wasn't long after that I was checking out the water when I turned and saw Katie chasing my umbrella that had started flying down the beach. And then right after we tamed the umbrella it started to rain. Ok no big deal, right? We're already in our swimsuits so no problem, except it started to rain pretty hard and add serious wind to that mix and Katie and I were hiding under our towels for most of the time we were at the beach. At least there were a lot of crabs running around to entertain us.  It started to subside enough that we went to play in the murky Flagler water with the girls for a bit. I had a blast helping them boogie board! But then it started to really get dark and rainy so we called it and packed our shit up. We couldn't even dry off because all of our towels were soaked. So were our clothes. We made the best of it even though Aubrie was really unhappy that she was still sandy on the drive home. I'm with you kid. No fun at all! We stopped to grab a quick lunch and then stopped by Tommy's work to say hello.

I love that we made the best out of a otherwise pretty annoying weather day. 
But the truth is, it's always a good time when I'm with the Zinzi girls. 
Can't wait until our next beach trip...in 2017. HA!

IMG_3407

IMG_3408

IMG_3410

IMG_3416

IMG_3415

IMG_3419 IMG_3413
IMG_0430

IMG_0427

IMG_0433 IMG_0424

IMG_3421

IMG_0408

IMG_0416

IMG_3422 IMG_0410

IMG_0404

IMG_3440

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.