Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween Two Thousand Sixteen

Halloween fell on a Monday this year which totally sucked for all the kids but was kind of awesome for us adults. I actually looked forward to going into work on a Monday because holidays are always fun. Our department agreed on an "Ugly Halloween Sweater" theme which I was totally into. The only downside was that it has been 85 degrees so I was a tad warm. But you got to do what you got to do!

Since Cheeto and Olive had been sick over the weekend I called the vet first thing. They were able to get them in at 8 AM so I took the spot and got all three of us in the car in record time. The vet staff complimented my outfit and said they were bummed they forgot to dress up themselves. My poor Halloween cats certainly had a "fun" morning. They got their temperature taken and both came back normal. They both had fluid injected under their skin since they had not been drinking and had become dehydrated. They both got a couple shots. I thought they were going to hate me after two hours of torture but they are quick to forgive. I left the vet office with a bag full of cat meds, special food, and $363 poorer. I dropped the kittiots off at home and headed into work. 

I was so excited to see everyone's outfits. Of course everyone looked so cute! Duh! It was a fun day of Halloween trick but mostly treats. We had Halloween party during lunch where there was a nice spread of food. I especially loved the buffalo dip, chicken wings, and the taco casserole. I made pumpkin cupcakes that I made from scratch (minus the frosting). They seemed to go over pretty well with everyone. This year we had two games as well which totally turned the party up a notch. The first one was a virtual scavenger hunt of sorts. My team totally lost. The A Team is clearly not very observant. Ha! The second game was called Trivia Murder Party which we played on our phones. I somehow won the entire game. Excuse me, I survived while everyone else died. So score! It was such a fun day getting to socialize more with my work family and playing dress up. I ate entirely too much but that's the point so I'm not going to stress over it. 

Dustin and I ate dinner at home before throwing on our Brand New (10th Anniversary of The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me) masks. We headed to Jeremiah's for our free gelati. They didn't have caffe latte AGAIN. What the hell. So Dustin tried root beer and I got salted caramel. Both were good but we still want our caffe latte back!

We didn't get one trick or treater but that's probably mostly due to the fact we turned our light out. Still, it was a pretty awesome day. This was the first year we didn't get to carve pumpkins. With both cats sick it just wasn't in the cards. Next year for sure. 

IMG_5524 IMG_5526 IMG_5530

IMG_5529

IMG_5532 IMG_5533

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

UntitledIMG_5590
IMG_5465

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.