Sunday, March 19, 2017

Celebrating Twelve at Hollywood Studios

Dustin and I used our last Disney day pass for our anniversary. Earlier in the year we visited Epcot for Rachelle's 30th and Animal Kingdom. But for our 12th St. Patrick's Day we went to Hollywood Studios MGM.

We left the house at 7:30 and didn't run into any traffic at all on the way there. I couldn't believe it but I also wasn't going to complain about it. We arrived about 30 minutes before the park opened. They let us into the park at 8:45 but we still had to wait a few minutes until they would let us into Star Wars. We were literally the first Star Wars group of the day and Dustin and I were passengers 2 and 3. By 9:15 we had already checked that one off the list. 

Next up we went to Muppets 3D which is a cute show in this really cool theater. There were all of 12 people in the theater with us. It was amazing. Dustin and I aren't the kind of people who just wander around theme parks. We schedule and plan and try and be as efficient as possible and so far we were killing it. 

On our way to the next ride we stumbled upon Chip-N-Dale (or Chip-N-Dip as Dustin used to call them as a kid). There were only 2 families in line so we decided to jump on board. When it was our turn one of them pointed at my scarf and gave me a thumbs up. Then they "asked" Dustin where his green was and he showed them the band of his boxers (which were shamrocks). The one chipmunk had to sit down from laughing so hard. Once composed the four of us got a picture together. 

Then we headed to The Great Movie Ride (which I don't remember ever going on in my life). I loved how the outside of it looks like the Chinese Theater in LA with handprints and footprints to match. Dustin and I have both visited the real thing separately so it totally brought us back to those vacations in high school. It was just as fun now as it was then putting our hands and feet in the cement. The wait was only about 15 minutes but then we got skip a huge chunk of the people because we were a "part of two". Score!

We then made our way over to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater just as they opened at 11am. We were already hungry for lunch and as always we were hoping to avoid crowds. They took our name and we were in the backseat of a car within 10 minutes. I couldn't believe how efficient the day was going. Yes, of course we were having fun along the way but I love being able to check things off my mental list. We had a really nice waiter who was on top of it. We spent 90% of the time in the third seat of a car alone. Just Dustin and I in this really cool setting eating lunch at 11ish. It was kind of amazing. We got this spinach-artichoke dip to start out with which was amazing. Dustin ended up eating a steak and I got a turkey sandwich. I loved the whole experience. I don't understand why drive-ins aren't a thing anymore.

We hurried over to the Indiana Jones 12pm show which was perfect for our full stomachs. I couldn't remember if I had ever seen it in real life or if I'm just remembering that one time the Tanner family went to Disney. The stunts were really impressive and entertaining. Dustin had been telling me for weeks all he wanted to do was go on Star Wars and see Indian Jones and he'd be happy. Done and done!

We went and saw the Beauty and the Beast show next which was perfect timing with the new movie coming out this weekend. The musical (even though only 30 min.) was so good and just like I remembered it. 

At this point we had digested enough that we were ready for some kind of treat. I've been craving a Mickey ice-cream bar for years (seriously) so that is exactly what we got. It was everything. We strolled around some shops and looked for a special item for Katie (which they didn't have). The poor Disney employee even searched the Disney i-pad to see where I could find the item but no luck. Womp womp. 

We got to see the March of the First Order whichh was badass. It was fun seeing Storm Troopers just walk around the park giving people a hard time. We also got to meet Kylo Ren. I'm not trying to brag but yeah I totally am. I couldn't stop laughing while we were in there and Kylo says to me "control yourself" which of course made me giggle even more. Oh Kylo you softy. 

We were done with everything by 3pm. That's how we do. I don't know how people stay from open to close. No, nope, no thanks. That is way too exhausting. Dustin and I are all about getting in, doing our Disney thang, and going home and taking a nap. Ha! Although it wasn't so easy on Friday because of course there was bumper to bumper traffic the entire way home on I-4. This is another reason I wouldn't want an annual pass. Who can deal with that on a regular basis and not go insane? I try to avoid I-4 west at all costs. I mean, I go to Ikea and Mall at Millenia like maybe once a year because of this. I know, I know I sound 80 but actually my soul is more like a 90 year old and I'm proud of it. 

It was a great way to celebrate TWELVE years together. I'm so lucky that this relationship just keeps getting better with age. Sure there are days I miss 20 year old us and the excitement that comes with a new relationship but I wouldn't ever go back because everything is supposed to move forward; we are supposed to keep moving on together.  This is exactly what I had hoped marriage would be. I love the routine of it, the safety, the partnership, the constant laughs, and I'm more happy with this family of four now more than ever.

IMG_9780

IMG_9783 IMG_9786

IMG_9789

IMG_9791

IMG_9792

IMG_9795

IMG_9800 IMG_9802 IMG_9803 IMG_9807

IMG_9821

IMG_9830

IMG_9831

IMG_9832

IMG_9833

IMG_9829 IMG_9834 IMG_9835 IMG_9839 IMG_9841

IMG_9843

IMG_9844

IMG_9847

IMG_9796

IMG_9798

IMG_9857

IMG_9864

IMG_9868

IMG_9875

IMG_9878

IMG_9880 IMG_9881

IMG_9888

IMG_9890

IMG_9892 IMG_9893

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.