Listening to: Lorde's new pop song 'Green Light'. I am a big Lorde fan. I loved every single song on her debut 'Pure Heroine'. Erin and I used to have full on sing-a-longs to that CD over and over. Her new single is completely different. It's very very pop and a lot of people are pissed about that. I agree that it does have a Taylor Swift vibe about it but it's also so different the way the song changes. She worked with Jack Antonoff who also worked with Taylor so I can understand why there would be similarities. I'm enjoying it a lot but I am hoping that her new CD still has those moodier sounding songs that she's known for. Also the video is so pretty to look at.
Ed Sheeran's newest CD is of course great. I'm really enjoying Galway Girl, New Man, What Do I Know, and Nancy Mulligan. AND and and. Dammit I love all of it. I love how personal all of his songs are. Some people write music with such a vagueness but I always love the little details he brings to his songs. I also love that he has another song about his grandparents on this CD. So good!
(Podcast) That Was Us with Julia Nunes - Usually I like just listening to Podcasts but this is one I would love to actually partake in. 'That Was Us' is a Podcast where Julia invites a different guest each episode to read an old entry from their journal and then discuss everything from what that point of their life was like to how they feel about things now. It's super interesting to see hear how people grow. I kept journals from the time I was 7 or 8 and still write down my thoughts and experiences. I would love to dissect an old LiveJournal entry of mine. Sick of listening to music or on a long car ride? Check this shit out.
Watching: Big Little Lies on HBO. It's a book which I had heard about for awhile but never got around to reading. I hope it's doing the book justice but having just viewed the first 3 episodes of the miniseries I am hooked. It's a drama teetering on thriller. It's juicy and not just that but the cast is amazing (Kidman, Witherspoon, Dern, Woodley! and even Adam Scott and my man/vampire Alexander Skarsgard).
The Mick on FOX. I have not been able to get into regular 30-min. sitcoms in years. I watch New Girl/Modern Family but these days it's hit or miss with both. I was all about The Office and Parks and Rec but they've been off the air for awhile. I don't do the popular laugh-track shows. Just can't. Too corny. But The Mick is totally my jam. Dustin recently binge watched 'It's Always Sunny...' which is how he heard about this show because the same actress (Kaitlin Olson) is in both. It's basically about poor trailer trash Aunt Mickey taking care of her prep school snotty niece and nephews. It's hilarious. If you can catch up ON DEMAND then I would highly recommend it. It's smart and Dustin and I have both been watching.
Reading: Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst. This was the first book I received in my Owl Crate (that Dustin gifted me for Christmas). I have been reading this book since January! JANUARY. It usually takes me a couple weeks to finish a book so I'm really disappointed in myself that I'm only half way through with this one. I can't even say it's because I'm not enjoying it because I am. I have been so wrapped up in the things going on in the country (and honestly feeling overwhelmed as all hell) that I can't concentrate when I sit down to read. I'll get though a few pages and lose my focus and just be so frustrated I end up setting it down until the following night and the following night until bam 2 months have gone by. Also I used to spend a large portion of my lunch breaks reading but now I spend a lot of time calling Senators and Congressmen and so on. But enough excuses. I'm going to finish this damn book by this weekend and start another one. I have a resolution to keep goddamit!!
Pumped About: Seeing Logan this weekend. Another Disney day for our anniversary next week. Katie's b-day decade themed dinner. My upcoming cat tattoo in April! And my next nap and the nap after that and after that. I am pumped for every nap I will ever take.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.